Search the forum,

Discuss Filling in hole & covering gas pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

James01

Hi All, I've just had a new gas fire and fireplace installed and I need to fill a hole of about 6" x 3" on the wall, I can see the gas pipe. Which is the best way to do this? I was thinking of somehow protecting the gas pipe then filling it in. Any advice would be appreciated, I am a total novice. Thanks.

You mean you need to fill in what's left of a chased in gas pipe ??

Hello James.

A photo or two of the installation would be a great help to
decide on the best approach to help you.

if the installers left you with a hole after installation you should get them back to sort it

Does the gas pipe go through the side of the breast wall into the chimney catchment space ??? And there's a gap around that...?

Its not clear from your description some photos would help

Does the gas pipe go through the side of the breast wall into the chimney catchment space ??? And there's a gap around that...?

Its not clear from your description some photos would help

Sorry, does this photo help?

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 70
The installer has kindly protected the gas pipe for you with tape, tbh although it isn't recommended it will suffice so you can fill it with what you like, mortar, plaster, filler depends how good a finish you want.

Would prefer hole filled and pipe left visible. This to prevent damage when making good skirting and laying carpet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Filling in hole & covering gas pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

R
After some advice, had a gas fire removed and now left with the pipe capped and a hole which houses the pipe which was behind the fireplace. How is best to cover this up and fill it please?
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hi, Non-professional / knowledgeable person here. I'm a Brit in Romania who volunteers for a charity building an old peoples home for needy old people. Out here competence and integrity is harder to come by in a worker, in fact it's hard to find workers at all where we are in the countryside...
Replies
Views
Hi so I changed a towel radiator in bathroom from a normal radiator. I bunged the f&e tank and vent pipe , drained about a pint of water out the pipes. Altered the pipes to the new rad. Then removed the bungs. Gone to bleed the radiator it filled slightly now no air is coming out. I've...
Replies
Views
J
Hi all, I am a plumber but I do not carry out works to boilers as the majority of my is bathrooms so I am not gas safe. I have completed a bathroom for a regular customer. She is of old age and is starting to get a little clumsy and her son has asked me to look at the old gas fire/back...
Replies
Views
I have decided to remove the timber floor boards and joists as they are effected by damp and rotting. Was hoping to infill and have slab and screed floor. There is a gas servile pipe under the floor which enters the property below the joists at the front of the house and comes up under the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock