Search the forum,

Discuss filing in NVQ 2 portfolio? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gamage

hi there I'm looking for some advice about filling in my NVQ 2 portfolio.

on the maintenance tasks its asking for a picture (changing ball valves, taps, float valves etc)? i was hoping that i could just sign them off as my boss knows ive done them but the portfolio is wanting a picture, i mean seriously why do i need a photo off me changing something so simple like a ball valve, i don't really want to have to find jobs like changing taps etc just so i can get photo evidence etc

any advice on filling in the rest of the portfolio would be most grateful as ive just started mine and would like it completed asap and have been told it could be done within weeks etc.

thanks.

well to be honest on nearly every page you have to get a photo and its not your boss you have to prove this to , if you no your competent to do stuff ie a ballvalve get a picture of you standing next it but at the end of the day if you do it with everything you will only be cheating yourself

if you no your competent to do stuff ie a ballvalve get a picture of you standing next it but at the end of the day if you do it with everything you will only be cheating yourself

true true, i have replaced loads of things like that, but i do agree with you about cheating myself, so your saying i need a picture, picture i will have to get. just seems silly.

you got any more advice about filling in rest of portfolio? im assuming your done yours what can you tell me?

cheers.

Ill be starting mine soon. What exactly is involved. How many are there and what do you have to do?

the picture is for proof to the verifier that you have done the job. i could say that i designed and fitted the fuel injector system for the space shuttle but without any evidence who is going to belive me.

filling in the portfolio is fairly easy collect the evidence fill in a summary about how you done the task job done. you can also find extra evidence and usfull stuff on the internet

well stuff like installing sanitation system as one of your two options could be putting up a soil stack its what ever you pick but in the book whereever it asks for a pic you need to put one or for thr heating you could be hanging a rad just when your at work take pics of all these little bits they will come in handy for it !

good luck

I'm doing mine - use your camera phone or get a cheap digital camera and take pictures of everything you do- and I do mean everything- until you've got lots of evidence of all sorts of tasks. You do feel a bit of a divvy posing next to a WC with a syphon in your hand but whatever gets your portfolio done!:)

this may sound like a silly question, but take a photo and put it in the portfolio but where is the portfolio? and who do we give it to?

this may sound like a silly question, but take a photo and put it in the portfolio but where is the portfolio? and who do we give it to?

it has spaces for the photos in the port folio

and you give it to your assessor

who has the portfolio? (i had one at my course (t4ts) but they held onto it) am i right to assume there are spaces in that portfolio that means i have to fill with photos? then it is sent off to assesors?

it is your port folio, how can you put evidence in if you dont at least have access to it? who have you enrolled with for the nvq?

it is your port folio, how can you put evidence in if you dont at least have access to it? who have you enrolled with for the nvq?

that's what i am thinking. i am doing it with train 4 trade skills. i still have level 3 attend up there.

what exactly is the process?

Just take some pics from around your own house and throw them in, thats what the tutors told us to do if we never had them.

Just take some pics from around your own house and throw them in, thats what the tutors told us to do if we never had them.

no assessor in their right mind would accept this as evidence, if C&G ever get to hear of this there would be trouble

the easiest way is to do it properly, whats the problem with that?

Jees people this is so frustrating reading all thisWho ever you are doing your NVQ with (college etc) They provide a portfolio for you and your employer to fill in... You have to take pictures of yourself doing every task including steel work,lead bossing ,guttering etc.... Your employer will have to witness the work and an internal verifyer from city and guilds will come out and visit ur workplace and counter sign the work, he will watch you to see if you are competent too....

Hi all, I completed my level 2 NVQ at the start of July this year, I've still not received my Certificate yet, does anyone know how long it normally takes to be issued.

Many thanks

Hi all, I completed my level 2 NVQ at the start of July this year, I've still not received my Certificate yet, does anyone know how long it normally takes to be issued.

Many thanks

Check with your college if it's actually been submitted to C&G yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to filing in NVQ 2 portfolio? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock