Search the forum,

Discuss FGA change in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi chaps - after about 8 years using an Anton Sprint which was great but getting bit long in tooth , last week I bought a new Kane 455 kit - thing is the 3 boilers I have used it on since have all given high CO readings - 50 - 60 ppm and the only way I can get the CO reading to drop is by increasing the excess air thereby reducing the CO2 reading. This is the opposite of what I am used to- something not right here....

50-60ppm is perfectly fine and depending on boiler manufacture well within regs

50 to 60 is not an issue. I nearly creamed myself when I swapped from a wet kit to an analyser and got it to 0 ppm on co.

Id be happy with 50 to 60.
If its near 300 to 350 id start to raise an eyebrow

I think you only get concerned if more than 100 on oil boilers. After you clean an oil boiler in a service you will often get CO readings of 30 or 40 at least, which I assume is due to tiny particles of soot, etc burning partially. Although I do find CO in single numbers or zero on most modern clean boilers
It is parts per million, so 60 per million is one part in 16,666 parts.

Last edited:
gents beware - I have contacted Kane - they say I need an in line sulphur filter assembly plus filters. Never heard of this but with carriage is going to cost me ÂŁ85 nicker. Apparently this is only needed for oil appliances :mad:

Yes the regs are 100 pmm maximum limit for oil, C0 in oil boilers should be below 100 pmm.
I have an anton sprint which i find a good analyser. I am not sure of the settings on kane but are the settings for fuel set for light oil and not gas or heavy oil. I was caught out before with this.

cheers Gazzt - settings all OK for light oil but got the sulphur filters yesterday and bingo my CO ppm is back down to 10 - 15:)

Many years ago , my pal bought a Kane , I bought an Anton , we both anylised my boiler at home , both were brand new , both gave different results lol . I am sure mine was the right one :D lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to FGA change in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock