Search the forum,

Discuss Ferroli Optima 701 CH and DHW unable to work simultaneously in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

RobbieP14383

Hi. I have a Ferroli Optima 701 with what I hope to be a minor fault.

The central heating works fine and the hot water works fine, just not at the same time any more. They used to until today.
I noticed this problem when I had the heating on and went to wash up, water started warmish and then just went ice cold.
I have since learned that when I turn off the central heating I can get hot water through my taps again.
I have read a few similar posts and seen ppl pointing towards the flowmeter but although their symptoms were similar, they are not the same. So, can anyone help?

Thanks

It is indeed very possible that you have a faulty flowmeter however this would only be confirmed by interpretation of the LED fault codes on the PCB, unfortunately this means going inside the casing so it is not a DIY operation, I'm afraid you are best advised to call a GSR installer/technician

Hi. Thanks for your help. You are right. I though I would take a risk and just replace the flowmeter as I really needed to get it fixed and if it wasnt that then id have to call someone out.
It was that and it works so much better than before.
I also left the flow limiter(??? not sure if that what its called) off to see if I could get more pressure to my taps as it was quite poor. It made such a difference I couldnt believe it. Its as pressurised as my cold tap nearly. The only thing is if the tap is fully open its not quite as hot as it used to be, but close it a little and its perfect and better than before.
This wont damage the boiler will it?

Thanks

I'm pretty sure that the manufacturers put it there for a reason, it's never a good idea to add or omit parts without the specific ok from them, there is nothing in the manual that says this is ok to do

it will work ok without the restricter its put in to throttle down the dhw and encourage a better heat delivery to the hot taps but over time it blocks up with scale etc

it will work ok without the restricter its put in to throttle down the dhw and encourage a better heat delivery to the hot taps but over time it blocks up with scale etc

do you think it's worth a quick call to the manufacturer, just to be sure?

This has been really helpful guys, thank you very much. I think I will leave it off as my shower is also run off the boiler and WOW what a difference. Its so much more powerful and still just as hot.
Very pleased with results.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ferroli Optima 701 CH and DHW unable to work simultaneously in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Recently had a Viessmann Vitodens combi boiler installed, quite often when the adjacent cold mixer tap is opened the boiler starts for a few seconds! Can anyone tell me what is causing this? And how to cure?
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock