Search the forum,

Discuss Ferroli Modena HW probs in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

My Modena 80e has started playing up.

Shower is Grohe 2000 mixer bar and the water gets hot, then after about 3 minutes goes for much cooler and then back to hot again and repeats. Burner is on all the time and I replaced both thermistors about 8 months ago due to same problem and the shower mixer is only 6 months old as well.

Could the thermistors have gone already (not sure if they were genuine Ferroli sensors or pattern parts) or is it something else?
CH is totally fine.

Thanks

kitchen hot tap does the same?

and are you gas safe registered?

Kitchen and bathroom sinks 'seem' ok.
Not gas safe, just oik. If anything more than sensors, I'll get someone in.

Not boiler if there ok

And FYI you can't remove the boilers case without being gas safe even if your repairing the water side

Either cartridge gone or hot and cold piped up wrong to the shower

Kitchen and bathroom sinks 'seem' ok.
Not gas safe, just oik. If anything more than sensors, I'll get someone in.

Seems ok! Seems ok! But how often do you run the sink and basin hot tap for longer then 3 minutes? Leave each hot tap running on full 1 at a time. I.e kitchen first and stand in front of the boiler for 5/10 minutes to see if the boiler cuts out and comes back on again? Repeat this for the basin and the bath. Let me know if it does.

All other taps are fine and boiler runs continuously, so looks like shower mixer issue. Can the cartridge be cleaned?

Does this look like your shower?

EFC8B8AD-031B-4B3D-AB39-7CACBF7CB625.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ferroli Modena HW probs in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock