Search the forum,

Discuss Ferolli Optima 701 Advice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Matthew91

Needing some advice regarding a ferolli optima 701
I'm a gas safe engineer, but I've never had this issue and I wanna see if anybody else has possibly had it before I change the board on Monday.

So the boiler broke down yesterday, permanent pilot stayed lit, all boiler electrics failed however fuse at spur hadn't blown. Isolated and checked the boiler, 2amp fuse on the board had blown and I was getting 33mOhm on the pump, disconnected the pump from the board and replaced the fuse and the fan kicked in with the fuse being fine. Replaced the pump today and the boiler is now not blowing fuses and pump, fan, aps and everything working fine.

However, there is still no LEDs on the PCB fault display. Wondering if it's possibly damaged the board at the same time. Was a glass fuse and it completely shattered it when it blew.
Manual says if LED 1 (Power) isn't lit to check for blown fuses or the supply as there isn't a supply to the boiler, but the fan etc is running and I'm still getting continuity across the fuse with 240v travelling across it so it's definitely getting a supply.

The boiler also ain't allowing the sparking sequence to start, so the pilot won't light. If I light it manually using a lighter it's staying on but full burner won't kick in if there's a demand on.

I might be missing something really obvious here but I'm just needing a different opinion if possible.

Thanks in advance

please pm dan or lou with your gas safe no

@Dan @Lou

as we have a private gas safe forum

Yes. We don't get auto notifications of sign up info yet. Please pm me. I deal with them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ferolli Optima 701 Advice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock