Search the forum,

Discuss Feel very accomplished in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tommy1712

just completed my first full install under my own gas safe registration 8 rad system over piped due to loft conversion in a few months, valiant Eco tec plus 838 with a nest stat. 3.5 days in and out with a house full of furniture.

feeling very accomplished right about now, I have worked very hard to get to where I am, few well earned beers I think

Good on ya tommy! Now let's have some pictures so that we can all rip it to shreds!:smilewinkgrin:

plastic or copper

Tried getting some but it's in the cupboard under the stairs, to tight to get pictures lol very unpleasant place to spend 6 hours yesterday

100% copper apart from the condense. My pass over on the dhw is a tiny bit wonkey not as straight as I want but not bad enough to re do. Was partly to do with it being so bloody hot in that cupboard it was doing me in lol
It's strangely therapeutic piping up a boiler

100% copper apart from the condense. My pass over on the dhw is a tiny bit wonkey not as straight as I want but not bad enough to re do. Was partly to do with it being so bloody hot in that cupboard it was doing me in lol
It's strangely therapeutic piping up a boiler

you did good if you did all copper in 3.5 days on your own

you did good if you did all copper in 3.5 days on your own
Not single handed had my brother in law on the job with me who is also a plumber.
Got to go back Monday to re install there cooker as long as I can get a copy of the mi as the installation was not legal

It is strangely satisfying piping up a combi tho I have always enjoyed doing pipe work but this takes it to the next level

Well done!
You can default to general standards for cooker if no MI's available.

Thank yo so I don't have to have a copy sitting there or on gas app

If you can get MI's good, but general standards can be used for refiting of customers cooker.

I have already checked it's ce marked and it is and the data plate is there. His wife wernt to happy about me cutting off the cooker as she said "it's a good cooker"
1, the existing barrel supply ran 15mm above the consumer unit
2, the connection for the hose is not secured to the wall
3, the connection is 500 off the floor
4, no chain
5, appliance was touching combustible material

Oh

just completed my first full install under my own gas safe registration 8 rad system over piped due to loft conversion in a few months, valiant Eco tec plus 838 with a nest stat. 3.5 days in and out with a house full of furniture.

feeling very accomplished right about now, I have worked very hard to get to where I am, few well earned beers I think
Top man! Did you get paid!? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Feel very accomplished in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this record long post!! I work on the operational management side or a small building contracting firm. This question is for my own house setup. We are really fortunate to have a large house, about 5,000sqft in total over 3 floors. It was built around...
Replies
Views
H
Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this record long post!! I work on the operational management side or a small building contracting firm. This question is for my own house setup. We are really fortunate to have a large house, about 5,000sqft in total over 3 floors. It was built around...
Replies
Views
HRP123
H
Hi all, We recently purchased a house and nothing seems to work correctly here, I've spent weeks rectifying issues. Plumbing, electrical, carpentry it's been never ending. The house was built by Barratt Homes in the year 2000, it is a 3 bedroom house called a Palmerston, the CH/HW system is a Y...
Replies
Views
Hi. Hoping for some advice. Yesterday I did have an authorised tech round whom fitted a new control board and electrode/cable and my DUO TEC Compact+ 24 GA came back to life but things are not going as expected and unfortunately I am in Lithuania full time since lockdown and do not speak...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone. New to plumbing so excuse the noob questions? Would like to replace existing heating system with a new indirect system boiler (unvented pressure system) and need some advice before I plunge into company quotes. Existing system is a Conventional Gas Boiler System with hot water...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock