Search the forum,

Discuss Fault Code "fd" on Ideal Logic Heat 15 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

brenda

The description of "fd" fault code is No water flow. The explanation I have been given for this is because of some installation errors: The flow and return pipes coming from the boiler are crossed with the result that the zone control valves and the auto by-pass valve are in the wrong place. Could this be the cause of the fault code fd flashing at random on the boiler. Another explanation I was given is that there could be a leak in the system on the ground floor. Which explanation is more likely to be the cause of the fault code?

the pump,air,the boiler itself if the boilers been in a few years its unlikely flow and return are reversed,you have a terrible boiler for reliability it breaks down a lot

Hi Brenda,
How old is the boiler? They have a 2 year warranty! But the fault you're describing may have nothing to do with the boiler. It initially indicates pump issue as gas man says! Bit more info about age of boiler and age of system will help us help you. :)

Hi Brenda,
How old is the boiler? They have a 2 year warranty! But the fault you're describing may have nothing to do with the boiler. It initially indicates pump issue as gas man says! Bit more info about age of boiler and age of system will help us help you. :)

Thank you for your help. The boiler was installed at the end of October 2010 and the fault code showed up on the first night. It replaced a Potterton boiler which was over 20 years old and never gave any problems. I don't think it is a problem with the boiler but how the system was installed. The system is still connected to a tank in the attic and I was also told that it should be connected to the mains. I hope this information helps.

The boiler is still within warranty as diamondgas has pointed out, I would get ideal to have a look at it, and they will repair the boiler or suggest you to get the installer back if it is an installation issue.

I would ignore the unhelpful comment from gasman if I were you, I have installed and continue to install a lot of these boilers and they have proved to be extremely reliable in my experience.

Difficult to answer this question because the fault showed up from the start.
One thing is for sure, Ideal is commonly seen by installers as the worst boiler make in the country. Out of the 5 last models they made, 4 were hopeless and you've got the latest which is too new to tell what the reliability is.
On top of that I have heard from a number of installers who say that Ideal blamed boiler problems on the installer and refused to repair the problems.

Thank you for your help. The boiler was installed at the end of October 2010 and the fault code showed up on the first night. It replaced a Potterton boiler which was over 20 years old and never gave any problems. I don't think it is a problem with the boiler but how the system was installed. The system is still connected to a tank in the attic and I was also told that it should be connected to the mains. I hope this information helps.

What does your installer say is the issue? Surely they've given you some guarantee on their work? As Washer suggests, get Ideal out to check the appliance. IF the issue isn't with the appliance you can then go back to your installer with the information you've gained from the Ideal engineer!

You asked about connecting to the mains. It does not have to be! The boiler is designed for both sealed and open systems (mains & tank fed).

Was your installation registered with Gas Safe and Ideal?

Last edited by a moderator:
The first thing I would suggest is contact your installer and exain the situation and the fact that the fault has been there since the day of install.

As previously posted many factors could contribute to this, pump, air, etc. The system design could also be a problem so unless you know what you ate really looking for it would be best to contact the installer or a gas safe erg engineer

I have installed quite a few logic heats and I'm fairly impressed by them. Ideal do have a bad reputation from previously boilers, Isar , icos etc which were terrible but the new range have given me little issues in terms of call backs to a broken down. And ideal do like to pass the book to installers on occasions so if it is a boiler fault your engineer could contact them for you after Confirming there is nothing wrong with the system first

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Fault Code "fd" on Ideal Logic Heat 15 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock