Search the forum,

Discuss F and e tank question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

jitenbulsara

Gas Engineer
Just wondered if anyone has worked on a back boiler and the f&e tank has backed up from the feed and not from faulty ball valve or filling up from expansion pipe ?..

The vent pipe is for the expansion but is there a chance water can be pushed up from the feed instead ?....this is just for my knowledge

the feed pipe and vent pipe will mostly be at the same level
water sort of does that!

when the pump is on things can be different, especially if the pump is set to high, blockages wrong pipe layout etc

It'll take the easiest route, the open vent.

The vent pipe is for the expansion but is there a chance water can be pushed up from the feed instead ?....this is just for my knowledge

The cold feed is really the main point of expansion with the vent being there as a fail safe if the cold feed is turned off or otherwise blocked. As Simon F said, the water in the tank and the level in the vent pipe will be level unless it's pumping over.

It is a feed and expansion pipe you're talking about. Under normal circumstances, no water should exit the Vent pipe.

They can sometimes overflow through the feed pipe if the coil in the cylinder has a split and cold water storage tank is higher than the heating expansion tank.

Thanks
Just wanted a few opinions as the ball valve was the issue but water didn't look to clever he did ask to quote for a new system too.back boilers r still around but they have had more than there day !...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to F and e tank question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock