Search the forum,

Discuss External pipework in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Leoki

I want to put in an outside tap so need to go through the wall under the kitchen sink. When it comes to drilling the hole would anyone recommend a masonry drill bit or a small core drill and for 15mm copper pipework what size hole would you recommend in the wall. I know i should sleeve the 15mm in another piece of pipe if going through masonary 22mm ? but this means something like a 25mm hole in the wall which seems a bit big for the size of pipework going through it. :)

It's better to drill a bigger hole and sleeve it than movement crushing the 15mm and flooding your house. Plus you have to point up the holewhen you have done so it won't look out of place

It's better to drill a bigger hole and sleeve it than movement crushing the 15mm and flooding your house. Plus you have to point up the holewhen you have done so it won't look out of place
if your house moves enough to crush a 15mm copper pipe id think flooding would be the least of your worries

25mm bit in a decent sds drill , sleeve the 15mm pipe with overflow pipe, seal with some brown silicone, job done.

If you are going through with a 25mm sds drill bit,pilot first and drill half one way ,half the other,if you go straight through from one side,you could take half a brick face out the other :(

imho

If you are going through with a 25mm sds drill bit,pilot first and drill half one way ,half the other,if you go straight through from one side,you could take half a brick face out the other :(

imho

Iam awesome and never damage the brick face, I should have told you that in my original post, its an easy mistake to make as its hard to tell whos good looking/awesome just from a post on this forum.

sds=stone destruction system,just drill big enough for 15mm buy a wall sleeve and backplate combo which is pre soldered together and just tape it to protect against corrosion you don't need a sleeve

Iam awesome and never damage the brick face, I should have told you that in my original post, its an easy mistake to make as its hard to tell whos good looking/awesome just from a post on this forum.

i dont know wtf you are on but can i have some please?:):):)

Last edited by a moderator:
sds=stone destruction system,just drill big enough for 15mm buy a wall sleeve and backplate combo which is pre soldered together and just tape it to protect against corrosion you don't need a sleeve

i dont know wtf you are on but can i have some please?:):):)
LOL, Ive always been carful to sleeve stuff going through walls as Ive seen pipes that have reacted to somthing in the wall/expanded and contracted and worn through, an 18mm sds can do as much damage as a 25mm one though to be fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to External pipework in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, I'm about to install a garden tap pipe on a new build, but I'm a bit confused with the pipework I'm seeing under the kitchen sink. Here is a picture of what I'm seeing: Pipe A - Cold water pipe. Pipe B - Behind the wood plank, B connects to a valve that shuts down the entire...
Replies
Views
Hello I want to replace the old single panel rad in the bedroom with a K2 double panel Stelrad one. I think I'm OK in general and relatively sensible (!) but I just want to check the steps involved to make sure I'm not missing anything before starting. System info- Steps (I think)- 1. Turn...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, i need a bit of advice, i live in Tasmania, we bought a brand new townhouse that has a tiny internal laundry in a closet in the passage opposite the bathroom. It has a very small wash basin in one corner, the hot water cylinder is on the other end, but the space between these is...
Replies
Views
Hello , ive recently gone out on my own, i have been working in the industry 15years now /g3 qualified and i would just like to get some advice from the knowledgable people on this forum! i have done a lot of installing but haven't really got involved with the design as somebody else has done...
Replies
Views
Current system: Combi boiler with direct cold water all on 15mm pipes. 28mm outside diameter lead pipe from supply converted to 15mm copper to kitchen tap and then onwards to bathroom. Proposed new system: No more instant hot water from combi. Replace with hot water cylinder with 2 heat...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock