Search the forum,

Discuss External kitchen drainage - (large) leak in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi - first time poster so apologies if this isn't in the correct forum.

A couple of days ago I noticed that my kitchen drainage pipe is overflowing if the water is run for more than 10-20 seconds. I'd assumed the chamber it flows into (grease trap?) was blocked and just needed clearing, but on closure inspection the paving around the drainage pipe look to be severely damaged.

In the second picture you can see a very small opening between the pipe and the brickwork. Looking down that hole, it appears that the water is actually flooding out of the drainage pipe and pooling directly against the base of my exterior wall before it eventually (slowly) drains away.

I've had a quick look in the trap and reached down approx 25cm into it, but can't feel any blockage. However, the water is definitely not clean, and is full of small bits of food, etc. Looks quite a lot like vomit.

Any advice on what to do about this (and how much it's likely to cost - we're in London) much appreciated. I suspect I'm going to have to get someone to rip the paving up and fully expose the pipework? Obviously having water pooling directly against the wall is not great, but can I expect there to be damage to the foundations? We had a survey done before moving which didn't pick up on any subsidence, cracks, etc. I'm concerned by the amount of white growth on the brickwork below the damp proof course.

Thanks

IMG_20180304_105620.jpg

IMG_20180304_105628.jpg

IMG_20180304_105646.jpg

IMG_20180304_105712.jpg

I wouldn't think you'd need anything so drastic as removing paving etc. A good drain unblocker would be able to sort that for you through the inspection chamber. No idea about cost as I'm in Norfolk, sorry!

Drain just needs jetting get a local drain company in get a quote first look at reviews online also . Kop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to External kitchen drainage - (large) leak in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock