Search the forum,

Discuss Explanation for part L building regulations in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

Old Account

hi guys, just came across this little note of Atag boilers.

The new 'Boiler Plus' regulation comes into play next week, and we’re #BoilerPlusReady.

From 6th April 2018, homeowners are required to comply with Part L of the Building Regulations - commonly known as ‘Boiler Plus’ when they have a new boiler installed. The regulation introduces new energy efficiency standards for domestic heating.

KEY REQUIREMENTS
1. All new gas boilers installed within a domestic property in England must have an ErP energy efficiency of at least 92%.

2. All new gas boiler installations must include both time and temperature controls.

3. Every new gas combination boiler must be installed with at least one additional energy efficiency measure from the following:
• A passive flue heat recovery device
• A smart control with automation and optimisation functions
• Load compensation
• Weather compensation

The Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy has provided official guidance for homeowners and installers which you can download here.

How is that possible not to exceed the emissions on co2 and having only a certain amount of heat loss? If you cannot achieve this you are not allowed to install those boilers. I think a little bit extreme as well as forcing homeowners to buy more products of Atag, weather compensation, or smart thermostats, etc... it’s just money making in the end again

I cant see any of this benefiting anyone, prices have to go up, customer has to pay more for something they don't understand, Have to have it fitted if they want it or not ! or face a large fine ! who will gain ? easy the unregistered installer who doesn't give a Fk. as for the rest of us ! our days are numbered , all I can see is more genuine guys giving up this job, forced out by more stupid rules, how long B4 we have to pay out on another course for these changes ??.

That’s why homeowners chose boilers which are affordable like main, baxi, or ideal. You already struggle to install a Vaillant boiler with all necessary components and on top of it the smart thermostats with weather compensation. Most of the people want a boiler to work just make hot water and heating that’s it. They are not interested in saving money as most of the time it’s a lie.

For me very strange of Atag and will not benefit the company at all definitely not here in uk. They will have less income as only a few people will go that large.

This will just push more people into using unregistered installers or using company's that offer finance over 10 years such as BG, just another way to get rid of the independent small guy, its been on the cards for years & this is just another step towards it.

That’s why homeowners chose boilers which are affordable like main, baxi, or ideal. You already struggle to install a Vaillant boiler with all necessary components and on top of it the smart thermostats with weather compensation. Most of the people want a boiler to work just make hot water and heating that’s it. They are not interested in saving money as most of the time it’s a lie.

For me very strange of Atag and will not benefit the company at all definitely not here in uk. They will have less income as only a few people will go that large.

I have never struggled to sell Vaillant’s. My price is my price take it or leave it. Ohh and I don’t cut corners. It’s not worth it.

I have never struggled to sell Vaillant’s. My price is my price take it or leave it. Ohh and I don’t cut corners. It’s not worth it.
I’m not saying you struggle but are you fitting wheather comp and Vsmart thermostats ? What abou the passive heat recovery unit ? Additional cost of £600 also money making scheme... in Germany it’s built in

It will not actually make any difference what so ever. The right attachment for the job will be added to my estimate/quote and the customer says yes or No. No point moaning let’s move on. There will be another change in another six months to moan about no doubt. Anyway mate. Shouldn’t make much difference to you either until you start fitting your own boilers.

Doubt anyone of note will bother with it ?

Also is Scotland not part of this scheme ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Explanation for part L building regulations in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock