Search the forum,

Discuss EXPERIENCED Vaillant VCW GB 242E boiler engineer required in West London in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Z

Ziad

hi....first time poster here....im looking for an EXPERIENCED Vaillant VCW GB 242E boiler engineer in the west london area who can come out and fix the following problem (which i will try to best describe as i understand it).

The boiler does not fire up when i demand hot water. It does fire up for CH (under the explanation below) and the rads come up to high heat as per normal. However, there is tepid/lukewarm water via the hot water tap(s) when the CH is on (but none otherwise).

On the right hand side of the boiler, the microswitch (which is attached to what looks like the circular casing of the water diaphragm) does not seem to move at all.....i need to physically press the spring loaded arm inwards towards the diaphragm (to make contact with the microswitch) to fire up the boiler for the CH. I am currently tying a metal clip around this activated position in order to keep CH on. The pressure gauge reading is at max when the CH is on and there is water dripping out of the outside pressure relief pipe (as you would expect).

Im really hoping not to condemn the boiler this year as im planning a full kitchen refurb (with new boiler) early next spring. Is there anyone in London who has experience on these old boilers who can get both HW and CH to work either as it should or even by unconventional means so that it can just get me through this winter.

Would be greatful for any help.
Many Thanks
Ziad (West London UB2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to EXPERIENCED Vaillant VCW GB 242E boiler engineer required in West London in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock