Search the forum,

Discuss Experienced Engineer required for Boiler & Cylinder Service + other issues (Wembley) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

hmmm123

Hi all, first post but I really hope someone can help.

Set up;

Vaillant (R1)Ecotec Plus 831 timer on boiler
Joules Unvented Cylinder
Grasslin QM2 Programmer
9 Double Radiator
4 Single Radiators
The plumbing, boiler and cylinder were all done around 2.5 years ago (boiler is a little older)

Issues;

1 - The Central Heating takes around 1 hour to get to around 55 degrees.

2 - I leave the timer on the boiler tose timed postition and Grasslin programmer set to Constant - This way I am able to have the heating on timed.

If both are set to on then heating works on constant.

If I have the timer on the boiler set to off, then even if the Grasslin is set to on, the heating does not come on. The heating sign on the boiler comes on, the boiler fires, the temperature rises quickly on the boiler, it then turns off repeatedly. The radiators do not get warm.

It's quite confusing and needs looking at (don't take my word for it :disappointed:)

Would it be easier just to remove the timer on the boiler and only use the Grasslin?

3 - The pipe to the hot water cylinder seems to get hot everytime the heating is on constant.

4 - Sometimes the pressure on the boiler goes in to the red when heating is on.

Basically I am looking for an experienced engineer to service both my boiler and cylinder and get everything up and running properly.

I have Vaillant insurance but this covers if the boiler is at fault (just took this out hoping they would know what was wrong) but didn't realise other things were playing up as well.

Can someone please help. Please feel free to comment (it's really annoying). To be honest, I just want it all sorted.

Many thanks, I really appreciate it.

Re: Experienced Engineer required for Boiler & Cylinder Service + other issues (Wembl

Sorry just re-read post,,,

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Experienced Engineer required for Boiler & Cylinder Service + other issues (Wembley) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock