Search the forum,

Discuss Experience required - North East England in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

aka0019

Hello my name is Andrew and I'm 30 years of age and live in the North East. I completed my City & Guilds level 2 plumbing course last year at Gateshead College but unfortunately due to not enough people wanting to do the level 3 course I was unable to continue. Basically I am stuck as to what to do now as no colleges local to me are not doing a night course which is what I want. To keep my foot in the door and to gain some experience until I can find a way to continue with my level 3 qualification I would like to know if there are any plumbers in the area willing to let me work with them on a weekend or evenings. I'm not necessarily looking to be paid as the experience is more valuable to me.

I am very committed to becoming a plumber so wouldn't mess anyone around as I really want to progress but am finding it hard to find people to give me a chance. I have done some work previously with Ermintrude who is a member on here so hopefully he wouldn't mind vouching for me. If you read this Guy I hope you don't mind me mentioning you.

I would even be grateful if anyone could give me any advice or point me in the right direction.

Many thanks
Andrew

Nope, not at all. He a lovely chap. Helpful and polite. If he was avail during normal hours be a bonus!
Defo a help.

DONT TAKE UP PLASTERING we are about to loose a few dedicated pipe monkeys and one half blood already ( you know who you are)

PS cheers for fitting the boiler I had a lovely snooze in van.

Just another post to bump this to the top. Still very keen to help out for free of charge if anyone is willing to give me a chance?

You need to state where ur from m8that would be a start and why plumbing

I am from South Shields but drive so can travel anyway in the North East within reason.

I currently work in finance and a couple of years ago I decided it was no longer for me so decided to persue a career in plumbing. I chose plumbing as I prefer more hands on jobs rather than office work and had helped a couple of friends who are plumbers do odd things in the past. Being sat at a desk all day is pretty boring to be honest and since I started learning plumbing i've loved every minute.

Hi, out of interest what is it you do in finance, as i have just started a job in finance 3 months ago after being a plumber for 10 years and having enough of it. I do understand when you say its boring but when i left plumbing i couldnt stand it anymore now im not doing it im thinking of going back to it.
Thing is grass is never greener.

The grass is always greener over a septic tank or broken sewer pipe.
To add...also over a broken water main.

Convincing people that the 'green grass' is albeit beautiful, you have to dig it up, do a repair, and charge them a 'small fortune' is sometimes too much to bear.

Some people prefer to look at lush green grass.

I personally are looking for a rainbow - or to be more precise - the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.

Hi, out of interest what is it you do in finance, as i have just started a job in finance 3 months ago after being a plumber for 10 years and having enough of it. I do understand when you say its boring but when i left plumbing i couldnt stand it anymore now im not doing it im thinking of going back to it.

I work for a housing association and basically deal with the rent charges on peoples accounts and everything surrounding them, increases, refunds etc. I did start my AAT qualification a few years back but government funding was pulled and I wasn't able to continue. I'm glad I didn't though as I no longer want to be in this line of work. Looks like i might be for a while yet though!

On a more positive note i'm off to meet a college tutor tonight for some advice on what I can do so fingers crossed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Experience required - North East England in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock