Search the forum,

Discuss Expansion Vessel Siting in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riley

Super Moderator
S. Mod
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Not strictly a gas issue here but need some advice in conjunction with an old Worcester 24i combi. Exp vessel has failed and will not hold a charge. Intend to fit an external vessel however the only accessible pipework is a pipe with an AAV on it in what was the old airing cupboard. Now I know the ideal situation for an external vessel is on the return near to the boiler but it’s just not feasible due to space can anyone envisage an issue with teeing into this pipe in the airing cupboard. As surely expansion is expansion?

Have I listed the wrong boiler?? It’s the old school with the vessel on the back

Doesn’t come past flue and not enough clearance above boiler even if flue removed

Are you running another PRV also? Or just the external vessel? I know that this is a massive cost but will they not considere a new boiler if it is the old 24i? I wouldn’t want the responsibility myself of fitting the vessel that far from the boiler.

No I know what you mean but he is dead against replacement

To be fair this would be directly above boiler slightly offset maybe a meter and and a half

I could do a prv but would this be overkill? The one on the boiler is fairly new as the last engineer just replaced that

Thanks mate I appreciate your help it’s just one of these where the LL is trying to penny pinch and I’m only doing it as a favour to the letting agent as they put loads my way

Why not just lift the boiler off the jig? Disconnect flue elbow, drain the boiler and then just undo 5 nuts? Looking at max 1.5hrs work. Fitting an external vessel will probably take as long. The expansion vessel will still work in the position you have stated though if you wanted to go that route.

Boiler off these days can be done under an hour but if it's your first time allow 2

Favour jobs always a pita, Letting agents always wanting something for nothing, try not to be reliant on work from them they will always try to pressure you in to doing "Favours"

Oh they seriously do put a lot of good regular work my way with no payment problems so I don’t mind helping out. It’s not my first time removing a boiler but have not had great experiences with doing this on older boilers so was trying to avoid this if at all possible. Thanks all for the thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Expansion Vessel Siting in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock