Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement

Discuss Expansion vessel pump in the Plumbing Tools area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. Eyespy999

Eyespy999 Plumber

Afternoon,

I am looking to add to my tools, can anyone reccomed a pump for expansion vessels please?

Regards

2. townfanjon

townfanjon Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Twin barrel footpump with a 3 meter hose works for me

• Like Like x 1
  3. SimonG

SimonG Trusted Plumber

Stirrup pump from halfords.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Gazzt

Gazzt Active Member

I use a battery powered hand held pump. Its the same size as a drill only its a air pump. It comes with a digital pressure gauge and you can set it to bar or psi, set the pressure you require and pull the trigger. Good bit of kit, i got it off Amazon.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Harvest Fields

Harvest Fields Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

The Regin one from City plumbing supplies. A lot cheaper at city then plumbs.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Eyespy999

Eyespy999 Plumber

Cheers guys much appreciated plenty to choose from.

7. YorkshireDave

YorkshireDave Member

When I'm doing a UVC service I carry a separate precharged (by my own compressor) to 8 bar 24L SIP air receiver tank, hose and car tyre gun. I've changed the gauge on the gun to a decent one that only runs to 4 bar and is liquid filled so I get accurate readings. It's a tad cumbersome (and pretty ugly) but it's 100% reliable and has been for years... Perhaps now it will finally fail :eek:

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2017
  8. moonlight

moonlight Plumber GSR

The rechargeable ones are very noisy. You would be better off with the stirrup one.

9. Jay The Plumber

Jay The Plumber Active Member

I just use a track pump with a long hose unless its a 500l expansion or similar, then I use a compressor

10. johnf

johnf Active Member

Same as Yorkshire Dave. SIP 24L air receiver. We charge it up, keep it in the van and its always there for recharging expansion vessels. Its easy, quick and works really well.

• Like Like x 1