Search the forum,

Discuss Ever have one of them jobs you just can't seem to get finished in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

king of pipes

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Been on this bathroom refurb for nearly 3 weeks now and still need a couple more days till done must be getting old cheers all ha ha . Kop

20180828_085152.jpg

20181005_171343.jpg

20181005_171437.jpg

20181005_171406.jpg

20181005_171353.jpg

20181005_171428.jpg

20180928_152801.jpg

Nipping off doing a day here and there and sorting out other jobs has not helped but hey ho stacked out so has to be done will have this wrapped up next week , boiler and system upgrade to do as well so another mad week have a great weekend all. cheers kop

I'm doing one at the moment, terraced house pre war, trouble is the walls are made of dust and when I core drilled my new wc position it dislodged half the wall and it was already really dodgy at the top. I spent all that day (had to leave at 3pm to do an emergency) relaying bricks and at the top where the bricks hadn't moved but were about too I hoovered the dust out while hacking with a screwdriver 25mm deep and repointed to hold the wall together.

That's a whole day wasted, doing everything but also nothing at the same time.

Feel your pain Phil had one like that South facing bathroom when I took the old tiles off the plaster and render backing came off with it down to the brick and as you say like dust behind there i usually dot and dab to strengthen it and tie it in , like you i do all my own stuff except electrics and plastering it's hard graft and I still have 4 more booked in for before Christmas and the heating season has just kicked off here i need another pair of hands but tried it and ended up paying more than I get myself grrr. Cheers kop

I find some of the customers will talk about you being slow when a job drags.
That is all the thanks you get, - “He did a good job, but he is terribly slow. Mrs Smith next door got her job done in a week”

I normally say speak to me in 10 years time lets see whoses is still like new

i need another pair of hands but tried it and ended up paying more than I get myself grrr. Cheers kop

My absolute 'pet hate' is when other contractors say this.
If they are working side by side with someone on a job and end up paying more for the hired help than thay get themselves, they have obviously underquoted the job. They are willing to work for cheaper rates than what it would cost them to employ someone to do the works.

No offence intended Pal, but have a look at your pricing structure.
Your work is up there with the best, so you should either lower your standards to do the job for what you've allowed or up your prices to the standard of work you do.

As a side note, I hate the dark grout. My personal opinion is the grout should be some tone of the tiles. I have done the plumbing in a couple of reno's with an 'out there' interior designer.
Last job, white tiles - orange grout. Previous job, white tiles - yellow grout. Tipping the next job will be pink / red grout.

Once again - don't take offence about pricing

Cheers,

Oz

My absolute 'pet hate' is when other contractors say this.
If they are working side by side with someone on a job and end up paying more for the hired help than thay get themselves, they have obviously underquoted the job. They are willing to work for cheaper rates than what it would cost them to employ someone to do the works.

No offence intended Pal, but have a look at your pricing structure.
Your work is up there with the best, so you should either lower your standards to do the job for what you've allowed or up your prices to the standard of work you do.

As a side note, I hate the dark grout. My personal opinion is the grout should be some tone of the tiles. I have done the plumbing in a couple of reno's with an 'out there' interior designer.
Last job, white tiles - orange grout. Previous job, white tiles - yellow grout. Tipping the next job will be pink / red grout.

Once again - don't take offence about pricing

Cheers,

Oz
No offence taken we all have our ways of working customer picked the tiles and grout colour so who am I to argue . Cheers kop

Been on bathroom job's until 10pm a couple of night's recently..... you say to yourself I'll have it finished today by 6pm :(!

There's so many little bits and pieces to finish off.,.. then Mrs Blogg's says "could you fit this robe hook for me?:rolleyes: Grrr.... 10mm porcelain to drill (you've already had to drill them 15-20 times) :mad:.

Reply to Ever have one of them jobs you just can't seem to get finished in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have an old steel water mains pipe (approx 45mm) that I need to connect to a new pehd water mains (25mm). I can't get at it to create a new thread so what's the best way of connecting the two? Cheers, Peter
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic Pushfit seems to be getting better and better, cost and convenience was always better, but now the quality is to, have we reached a stage where plastic will...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock