Search the forum,

Discuss Estimates for custom home building in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

smithmiller6

I am planning to build a home with the cost+ model and am in the process of getting estimates with several builders. What I see is an average of 17-19% commission for the builder on top of the cost. Is this a good price for Raleigh area in North Carolina?

too far for most of the blokes on this forum to go as most of us are in the UK or Europe , saying that I dont mind travelling, what sort of system do you want??

too far for most of the blokes on this forum to go as most of us are in the UK or Europe , saying that I dont mind travelling, what sort of system do you want??

£0.40 per mile will get us a few quid

pay the flights for me and the missus, look after us well when we are there - i'll give you a month of my time, ( working 10 till 5 ):)

Blimey Migo, 10-5, you must be one of those 50 grand a year plumbers!!!!

It's a real mixed bag and 17-19% on top of what costs (retail or builders actual costs, etc.)? And will your builder take the incentive to up charge items because the more they spend, the more they make or will they be fair?
Search "cost plus" here and you'll find a few threads on the subject but not a lot of meat. There may be a few good construction books that will give you some insight. A finance officer or lawyer that is experienced in such contracts can give you some feedback on your local "rate".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Estimates for custom home building in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

As recommended by the welcome email, hello all, my name is James Pirie and I am not a plumber but a keen DIY enthusiast mostly due to the severe lack of plumbers available in our area of the North West of Sutherland in Scotland. I have done some pipework, tap replacements and fixed some leaking...
Replies
Views
I'm trying to get to grips with a system I have inherited as a new home owner. I know that single pipe systems are crap and should be replaced, but that's not an option right now so I have to make sure what I do have is set up correctly. My bills are astronomical - £6-700 a month right now, and...
Replies
Views
Hi, new to this forum. I hope someone experienced out there can help me find the fix. We recently finished a building project and had a major re-design/move of all of our hot water (megaflo), boiler and central heating system. I am not a plumber nor do I know much about plumbing but I know...
Replies
Views
So I bought my first flat recently (am in UK) and in a bit of a pickle as the bathroom has turned up lots of problems that weren't picked up by the survey. I have had loads of plumbers over, and have always carefully checked their reviews/tried to vet them as much as possible. However, I've had...
Replies
Views
Hello, I hope I post this in the right section. I bought a house couple of months ago. There was an old, broken back boiler installed in the fireplace, so I looked for a company to replace it with a nice shiny combi boiler. A gentleman came over to estimate the work. He offered to replace the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock