Search the forum,

Discuss Enthusiastic Apprentices needed in Peterborough and Oxford areas! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Helen BG

Hi,
This is Helen at British Gas Recruitment. We currently have vacancies for Apprentice Service and Repair Engineers across the country, and I am particularly trying to attract people in Lincolnshire/Peterborough and Oxford/Cotswolds for schemes that start this summer. This is a great alternative to going to University, as we will pay you to train, and guarantee you a job when you have qualified. If you are interested, or know anyone who might be, please reply to this post. I'm happy to correspond by private message with anyone who is genuinely interested.
People from all backgrounds and walks of life can be a great success with British Gas, so please let me know if you would like to know more.
Thanks
Helen

Very kind of you Helen.
I'm sure some willing youngsters will pick up on this.

Hi Helen, as I live in Hertfordshire am I too far for Peterborough vacancies? The travelling is no problem for me but will my location work against me in the selection process? Any help and info greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Thanks Helen great oppertunity for some of the users of this forum or even some of their colleagues:)regards turnpin

Thanks Tamz, I've had a good response already and hope the word spreads - I work in one of our Training Academies with the Recruitment team, and we are interviewing for roles all over the country at the moment. It's a great experience for trainees, as most live away from home when they attend the academy and make good friends, so it is very much like going to Uni in some ways! We attend lots of recruitment events round the country, including schools and colleges, so I am also keen to hear about events going on in your local areas as we like to get out and meet potential employees and tell them about the scheme in detail.

I commend BG for trying to encourage the youth of britain to become gas engineers, provided that they do not start pushing the sales tactics that some of my customers have witnessed from BG

Hi,
This is Helen at British Gas Recruitment. We currently have vacancies for Apprentice Service and Repair Engineers across the country, and I am particularly trying to attract people in Lincolnshire/Peterborough and Oxford/Cotswolds for schemes that start this summer. This is a great alternative to going to University, as we will pay you to train, and guarantee you a job when you have qualified. If you are interested, or know anyone who might be, please reply to this post. I'm happy to correspond by private message with anyone who is genuinely interested.
People from all backgrounds and walks of life can be a great success with British Gas, so please let me know if you would like to know more.
Thanks
Helen

hi i live in peterborough im a plumber been in it since 2005 i was going to train as a gas plumber but i got layed off and had to do the level 2 in college becouse i couldnt find anyone to train me for level 3. i have allways wanted a job with british gas and to be trained as a level 3 if the job offer is still there can you send me details please would be most greatful. i have worked on many sites including hospitals and pubs but mostley houses i have only just signed up to this so if u have any questions for me reply in a e-mail or on here and i will get back to u as sonn as i see it thankyou

excellent thanks Helen for posting this opportunity up for the youngsters

[email protected]
Hi,
Thanks
Helen

I have just read with great enthusiasm your request for apprentices in peterborough. I am due to leave college by the end of june 2011 after studying a level 2 b.tech course in plumbing. However, it was a gas engineer apprenticeship that I was hoping to gain but unfortunately was unable to find one so decided on plumbing as a second option. Hopefully I have not found this too late and look forward to hearing from you, regards Craig

I have just read with great enthusiasm your request for apprentices in peterborough. I am due to leave college by the end of june 2011 after studying a level 2 b.tech course in plumbing. However, it was a gas engineer apprenticeship that I was hoping to gain but unfortunately was unable to find one so decided on plumbing as a second option. Hopefully I have not found this too late and look forward to hearing from you, regards Craig

Hello Craig and welcome just a suggestion maybe send Helen at B.G a private message just in case she`s not on the forums at the moment good luck :)regards turnpin

Hi helen, i am currently studying for an NVQ level 2 in plumbing at Oxford and cherwell valley college, which is due to end in july 2011. Please contact me at [email protected] or 07921655322, as i am very interested.
thanks
jason

Hi,
Thanks
Helen

Hi Helen, I read your posting and I’m interested to know if you have any adult apprenticeships for the Glasgow area, I would appreciate any information Helen as i have been searching for a suitable college course or apprenticeship. can you please contact me at [email protected]

Regards Mitch

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,
Thanks
Helen

Hi helen i am also based around Glasgow and currently looking for an apprenticeship preferably in Gas or Plumbing, i am currently 20 and i have previously worked for a building company for 2 years and due to the credit crunch they had to let me go. If you could pm me in regards to more information or point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated.

Thank you

Hi Helen
I have been looking to do an apprenticeship after working as a fencer for the last 4 years, time for a change- i live in carterton right next to the cotswolds, and I have a full driving license. could you please let me know how and where I apply for an apprenticeship. thankyou!
mike

Update on British Gas Apprenticeships:
Our Apprentice recruitment for 2011 has now closed. To register your interest for future vacancies, please log on to www.britishgasjobs.co.uk and set up a Job Alert. I am still happy to answer questions on the recruitment process, but cannot give any indication on when the next roles are likely to be available in any particular area. Our apprentice recruitment drives tend to coincide with National Apprentice Week, so look out for this! Thanks for all the interest and all the best with future applications.

Hi Helen I appreciate sometime has passed since you posted this thread but should you still have opportunities available then I would be very interested in hearing more? to give you an idea on me I am a mature candidate having just completed the C&G 6129 (level 2) and I reside in Leicestershire. Any assistance/advice you can offer would be greatly appreciated.Adam Bond

Helen, i am eagerly willing to participate in this scheme. Are there any placements in essex/london/kent area? many thanks

Hi Helen, i am very interested in the british gas scheme is there any placements in the south east, either essex,london or kent areas many thanks.

Do british gas take on apprentices over 18? I'm sure I read somewhere you have to pay an up front fee before you can start.

hello there

my name is daniel and im 19 years old currently doing a plumbing course at college and nearly completed my 2nd year. this is something id be interested in so i would appreciate it if you would contact me back on this? my email is [email protected] or 07725849744

Are you recruiting anywhere in the northwest? I keep up with your facbook and online website but can't find anything.
Carlos

Hi Carlos,

We are opening some White Goods Engineer roles at the moment, and have qualified WG positions available in the North West now. Our plumbing work for Dyno-Rod is concentrated in the South and Midlands, and the Gas side of the business is not recruiting at the moment so we are unlikley to have any Service and Repair or Central heating roles in your area soon. If you would like further information about any particular role, please send me a PM and I'll do my best to help.

Helen

Hi there Helen, I would love to be a Gas Apprentice, but at 45 I might be too old for your Course???. Although, unlike the kids I would not mess about and would work hard to pass and learn as much as possible to get to being a FULL Gas Safe registered Plumber / Engineer working for British Gas. I have self-funded myself so far, and prepairing to to the same to get to that point where I can be fully qualified and earning a good wage to support my Family. I done a New Careers Course and although they did work round myr time schedule, and some of the Tutors, namely 'Kevin Holgate' in Doncaster, are very good and if he can help me then he did. However, I would just say that the after care service our group had was very minimal, if anything. No help at all really. I would also say that you should try the colleges again. I am 45 and started with NCS in 2010, so I was 43. I paid nearly £5,000 only to find out in the end I was not getting what I was led to believe I would, until the morning of the final exams. Was not, and still not happy bunny. On top of that found out a couple of weeks ago that I could have done it through a college in Wisbech in one year, three days a week study, leaving 4-5 days a week to work for only £850, and would have had a FULL NVQ2. Since October, when I passed my NCS exams, I have been trying to sort things out and work on my own with the skills I learned from Kevin, and although slow like any new business is, I am now on 6 housing Letting Agents lists, and do private work, which although still not every day, is starting to pick up, purely on word-of-mouth and referals, which is a good thing. Because I am not flat out yet, I am now in the process of registering to start this NVQ2 Course at Wisbech in Sept this year, so right now to fill in the time I have until Sept, I am looking to start my Gas Safe Training with 'NIC EIC' in Luton ' NICEIC ecatalogue 2011/2012 and work hard to see if I can pass that asap, which by the end of June/ July next year I should have my NVQ2 and be Gas Safe Registered. I know that if you are working for yourself you don't need the NVQ2, but I want to be the best I can, so makes sense to me to have that NVQ2 in my back pocket. Pays to shop around and double-check and even tripple-check everything and everyone. If you make a mistake, it will hold you back and cost you a lot of money. Good luck to you. If you feel that I would make a suitable 'Mature' Apprentice, then please give me a call, I would be interested to hear what you have to offer. Failing that, my Son might be interested?. Or both of us?. Please contact me. Thank you kinly for your time. David. x

Hi Helen,

I am a mature student at 45 as well coming out of the forces this year and would be very interested in your programme if there was anything going in the midlands (plumbing, electrics or white goods stuff). I live in Nuneaton and I did domestic electrics, 17th edition, inspection testing and also the gas side of life via the fast track method using the MOD resettlement funds and self funding. Currently only working as part time electrician (as and when called upon) and just received my gas ticket from logic scheme (yesterday). My email is [email protected] and contact # 07828896154 if there is anything you can help me with or point me towards.

Many thanks

Man

Hello,

Thanks for all the info. To answer your question about the apprenticeship and your age first, yes we would consider someone of 45! There is no upper age limit for our apprentice or trainee schemes, so you or your son would be welcome to apply. The minimum requirements are an NVQ level 2 in any subject, or equivalent qualifications eg. 4 GCSEs grade A-C.
We are not planning to recruit any gas or central heating apprentices this year, as we are concentrating on growing the Electrical, Smart and Dyno parts of the business. However if you are looking to apply for an apprenticeship in future, you may find that you have already completed most of the training we would offer you. If you complete your ACS next year and upgrade your NVQ to Level 3, and have some experience with the service and repair of boilers, you could actually join us as a qualified engineer.

I would advise you both to set up a Job Alert at www.britishgasjobs.co.uk, so we will email you when jobs open in your area. If your son is open to other types of work, he could look at future training opportunities within the Electrical Services and Smart areas of the business.

I hope this helps, and good luck to you both.

Helen

Hi Helen,

I am a mature student at 45 as well coming out of the forces this year and would be very interested in your programme if there was anything going in the midlands (plumbing, electrics or white goods stuff). I live in Nuneaton and I did domestic electrics, 17th edition, inspection testing and also the gas side of life via the fast track method using the MOD resettlement funds and self funding. Currently only working as part time electrician (as and when called upon) and just received my gas ticket from logic scheme (yesterday). My email is [email protected] and contact # 07828896154 if there is anything you can help me with or point me towards.

Many thanks

Man

Hi Helen

I am very interested for your apprenticeship in the summer, I am currently doing my GCSE'S with predicted grades of C or higher. One of the reason's I am interested in an apprenticeship is that I have done work experience for two large Firms Alden Oxford in October 2012 half term and Darke and Taylor at the beginning of October 2012 for one week, I enjoyed both my work experience.

I live in Oxford and my contact details are:- 01865 371339.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thank You

Luke Middleton

Hi Helen, i am very interested in the post of Apprentice service/repair engineer. Im currently in the East Yorkshire area but willing to travel anyway for the right job. Im currently level 2 qualified with both 6129 and 6089 in plumbing. Passed all my assesments first time and was one of first to complete all my pratical assesments. I have been working for a friend doing domestic work since i left college last year. Looking to become a Gas Engineer and think this it the perfect opportunity for me. I also have my Blue JIB cscs card for working on site.

Hope to Hear from you soon.

Regards

Chris Hirst

Remove

Hi,
Thanks
Helen

Hi,

i am looking for an apprenticeship in plumbing and i live in oxford, i was just wondering if any of the vacancies are still available ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Enthusiastic Apprentices needed in Peterborough and Oxford areas! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I work for a company that makes silicone dispensers and we're running a small focus group in Hungerford (UK) on 14th June to get feedback on some new products. If you have any tips on how to find local plumbers who can help, that would be great. We're offering free lunch and a free cordless...
Replies
Views
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2023/05/12/the-heat-pump-farce-has-finally-been-exposed/?li_source=LI&li_medium=liftigniter-rhr I realise not many have a sub to Telegraph (neither do I) but this is the article in full. As for the statement by BG, I haven't corroborated it but it seems an odd...
Replies
Views
Hello All, I am looking for an experienced Plumbing and Gas Engineer who would be willing to partner to build a team of subcontactors (10 in the medium term). You would ideally be a one-man band who is keen to get off the tools and run a business. I have successfully paternered previously but...
Replies
Views
Vacancies within our Plumbing Team at City College Norwich Full time, £23.789 - £34,606 per annum dependant on appointment An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the City College Norwich Apprenticeships Team. Due to rising Industry demand we currently have vacancies for full time posts...
Replies
Views
Recently over the past 2 months, the boiler or area by the water tank has started making a loud groaning noise whenever hot water has been running for much over a minute (sometimes less). Since the weather has gotten cooler, the radiators seem to come on (unless turned off at the TRV) whenever a...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock