Search the forum,

Discuss Energy Market in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bernie2

Read an article in the Sunday Times recently that said the energy market will probably move away from gas in the near future and go electric.

Must say I agree, most of the renewable stuff is electrical based, wave power, wind turbines, hydro, water wheel, voltaic, fuel cell and so on.

Perhaps hydrogen may help the gas industry out but the transport problems are great.

So it looks like its eleccy then! About time too, all them spanners and stuff get heavy carting them around. Much better to be a girlie spark!!! (joke):):):):)

Just getting qualified so I can work on the boats in the bristol channel wind turbines, so far I can be the radio person!

Hi! Old Plumber

If they could sort the wildlife problems out a Severn barrage would revitalise that whole area with cheap renewables.

They have been talking about one on the Mersey for years now, but the environmental impact is to great. However I think some experiments done in NI with underwater turbines seem to cause less impact and this may be a new way to build tidal power generators.

As you know the Severn and the Mersey have some of the highest tide ranges in the world seems a shame not to harness all that natural energy and help the environment.

Last edited by a moderator:
no wind turbines were going round in the snow, but the tide kept coming and going, no brainer as far as I can see, but the government seems to be listening to those making a fortune out of subsidised wind turbines, only the thoughts of a simple man who doesnt get kickbacks and positions on the board once he retires as an MP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Severn barrage would allegedly have an output of 5 gw which in reality would be nearer to 2 gw and to compensate for the what if's they have to keep the coal fired plants ticking over to increase demand when needed (as they do with wind).
Renewables are not all they appear or the "general consensus" would have us believe.

Maybe better stock up on the candles in the next few years.

They will come up with something better and more efficient (never cheaper??) or we can always open up the pits again (if they can get the young ones to go down them) and go back to towns gas for the next couple of hundred years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Energy Market in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock