Search the forum,

Discuss Endoscope. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jaymc

Hello all,

In my normal job as a maintenance engineer on cranes we occasionally use an endoscope, normally to get inside motor cases etc.
I've seen a few of the bendy type ones available in tool shops, and even Aldi did one a while back, but even that was £75http://www.amazon.co.uk/DBPOWER%C2%AE-Borescope-Endoscope-Diameter-Inspection/dp/B00KV669US/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1443359067&sr=8-2&keywords=endoscope

Out of curiosity I ordered this cheap as chips one off Amazon, got to say it's not a bad bit of kit, I wanted it to identify a pipe run in my block wall at home before I cut it open, worked a treat.
The only issue I have is that it gets hot at the end after about 5 minutes, commensurate with it's Chinese origin no doubt. Comes with a hook, a magnet, and a useless mirror, but in it's basic form it works.

I took a couple of pics before, see what you think?

Snap_002.jpg
Snap_006.jpg

Cheers

Jay

Last edited by a moderator:
I've used one before to see what's in a void and was very useful even If I did take down the boxing in after to fix the lek the trace of the leak was only an 8mm hole through into it via a cupboard

got an aldi one for £49 they were priced wrong at £75.
colour camera and well pleased with mine, made its money oon first job!.

I use my Aldi one to check for corrosion on old flues , finding gas pipes and/or leaks under floors . Not something I use much but the customers are always impressed with it ..

used mine once or twice, main use has been to look at my throat when I had tonsillitis :)

I often use mine to see whats in the bottom of my wallet and pockets and when im really struggling....under my sofa amd car seat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Endoscope. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock