Search the forum,

Discuss Elnur CMX15 electric boiler vs Vailant Ecotec pro28?Hi in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Richie_C

Hi everyone, i really need one of your expertise to clear something up!
which is more powerful out the two?
Obviously the electric is 15Kw maximum and the gas is 28Kw but I have read that electric is 100% efficient and gas combi can vary?
i have a three bedroom semi and want to ditch the old gravity fed system and have combi take over but I want good pressure to have a nice shower etc.
Would the electric provide enough pressure to have a nice shower or would i be better off going with the Vaillant? All running costs aside as I know electricity is deerer.
Thanks

Depends on the cold flow & pressure into the property. Check the tech specs of each boiler & see which delivers more....I suspect the gas boiler will be better

Depends on the cold flow & pressure into the property. Check the tech specs of each boiler & see which delivers more....I suspect the gas boiler will be better

Ok thanks, what shall I be looking for in particular in the tech specs to compare?

If you have gas then use it. You need to look at the flow and pressures of your incoming water main. How many bathrooms?

If you have gas then use it. You need to look at the flow and pressures of your incoming water main. How many bathrooms?

Ok is there a pressure guage on the incoming water main or would this be on my boiler?
It's 1 bathroom
Thanks

You need to measure the flow & pressure coming in - usually easiest to do this at garden tap. Then see what the DHW flow rate is in the specs for a given temperature rise. The figures in the tech specs will assume good flow & pressure coming in. (If you only have 10 l/pm coming in you will never get 12 l/pm out)

Ok thanks all info taken in and appreciated. I can get the cmx15 dirt cheap so that's the reason I'm considering it.

To have a very good shower you would need a more traditional system with water storage of of some variant, showers fed from standard combi boilers have very limited performance

To have a very good shower you would need a more traditional system with water storage of of some variant, showers fed from standard combi boilers have very limited performance
Yes I understand obviously a megaflow would be the best route but that's an expensive option plus it takes up space and I've only one bathroom so probably wouldn't need more than good combi. I suppose it does also depend on what you class as a good shower as I've had a few showers at my friends house who has a Vaillant combi and I really enjoy the shower.
I wonder if the electric ones come with a small 15L integrated tank so it can maybe heat the water slightly before hand?

You will regret going electric when you get your bills. Pay more money up front and have a cheaper system to run in the long run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Elnur CMX15 electric boiler vs Vailant Ecotec pro28?Hi in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock