Search the forum,

Discuss Electro-Fusion fittings in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Friday i was doing 3x bore holes to a manifold chamber + runs back into a house, everything done in 40mm HDPE pipe using Electro-Fusion fittings for the connections for the manifold. Before fitting the Electro-Fusion joints the pipes was scrapped and cleaned as well as making sure the fitting itself was clean including the nipples to connect the fusion welder to. about 40% of the fittings done didnt melt to the pipe or the "nipple" indicatiors didnt rise to show its complete but the fitting was very hot to touch. Each one was done the same yet 40% didnt work.
I flung the non welded fittings away and replaced with another one. Could i of kept trying the failed fitting till it worked? and what are you doing when the pipes have had water in them? still ok to weld or use compressions?

Thanks

They were wipped clean with wipes i got from drain centre for specially cleaning fusion fittings. just donno if it was a bad batch of fittings and if anyone else had had this problem

the fitting that i thought were dodgy were down to the onsite small pertol generator, when other power tool were being used the power to the fusion welding maching was not up at the full power it needed to melt the fitting, i just got lucky with my timing on some fitting and not the rest. Lesson learned! dont share wee generators when doing fusion welding.:bulb2:

Thanks

just a quick one how often do you guiys use electro-fusion fittings ? and on what applications ? thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Electro-Fusion fittings in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock