Search the forum,

Discuss electric shower problems in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bless

Hi i'v got a electric shower to take a look at tomorrow. it's got power running to it but no hot water. has anyone got an idea what the problem is?
Many thanks for any advise.

It'll cost more to diagnose and fix than replace. How old is the shower?

Or it could just be a ÂŁ20 part that needs replacing.

Yeah, and the labour charge for 2 visits repairing shower and the wait for the part. What's the point? May as well have a whole new shower.

Or it could just be a ÂŁ20 part that needs replacing.

Quite possibly. But I'd charge a min of an hour to diag and then another hour to replace said part. Why not just change the whole thing and get a better shower with a guarantee?

Yeah, and the labour charge for 2 visits repairing shower and the wait for the part. What's the point? May as well have a whole new shower.

Yeah true, you can get cheap showers for from ÂŁ50, which includes at least a years warranty.

Also you repair you are suddenly the unlimited warranty provider. Bang in a new one...up sell a water softener IMHO

And then there's some showers that don't have any serviceable parts, like the some of the Gainsborough range, where you have to change the entire 'engine'

why, I'm allowed to plumb in and connet a replacement shower. normally when they fail to heat up the have burnt out. other problem is over pressure valve giving way needing the little ball popping back in if you can find it. All other issues need parts ordering at labour v new shower costs apply hence new shower. remember sparkies and water dont mix, they do not like to be wet in their jobs:D

why, I'm allowed to plumb in and connet a replacement shower. normally when they fail to heat up the have burnt out. other problem is over pressure valve giving way needing the little ball popping back in if you can find it. All other issues need parts ordering at labour v new shower costs apply hence new shower. remember sparkies and water dont mix, they do not like to be wet in their jobs:D

It is a grey area which I am sure some boffins will be working out a way that they can charge us for a course, certificate or badge that " allows " us to do what we have done for decades. BTW don't get me onto electricians

If most jobbing plumbers checked their insurance if they touched electrics, it would be null and void unless trained to undertake.

Probably means the light on the pull cord is on therefore it must be the shower? Not necessarily. Take a pull-cord switch with you.

You've got part P then.

No just lots and lots of common sense and experience through years of work in this industry, and I gave up counting how many times Ive followed up after sparkies even those with a part P who leave leaking immersions (pretty lethal) and dont know how to wire up a s or y plan . Any more smart arse comments

check your inszzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

No just lots and lots of common sense and experience through years of work in this industry, and I gave up counting how many times Ive followed up after sparkies even those with a part P who leave leaking immersions (pretty lethal) and dont know how to wire up a s or y plan . Any more smart arse comments
how you know fuse and circuit is up to spec ?

Fit a new one, but cable will have to be current regs which is 10mm twin and earth. Triton Enrich is on sale at Screwfix for only ÂŁ50.

10mm. Why?
To take the load without overheating the cable. All showers of 8.5kw and above must be 10mm twin and earth minimum. If the cable run is a long one it should be increased to 12mm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to electric shower problems in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't rip me off? An office guy recommended me to apply for government rebates and get it installed through timetosave.com.au. How reliable is this...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock