Search the forum,

Discuss Electric combi boiler? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

ddq

Hi all, I just moved in a 2 bed well insulated flat. It doesn't have gas yet. There's warm air central heating that doesn't work. Both kitchen and bathroom need redone, everything, so I am trying to think of the total plan, but not easy. SGN quotes 4k for gas connection, so I am thinking of electric, so having 3 options below. Can you please help evaluating and comment on these options please?
1. storage heaters (need to install) + hot tank + power shower (need to install). I am given few old storage heaters so don't have to buy new. So about £750 installation cost for heaters and £250 for power shower.
2. Elecktra combi boiler and so can remove hot tank. 1.5k boiler, 1.5k plumbing. There's so little review on this so I am not sure if the running cost saving is enough? Is it the only electric combi boiler in UK? I can't find any other brand.
3. Heatrae Saida Electromax or similar. 2k cost + 1.5 installation and it takes the whole cupboard. But I see them on ebay for £400 after 6 months usage, so not sure about quality and usage.
Have anyone got experience on these and do you see any other options for me?
Many thanks.

They aren't really combi boilers they are either something like a heat store or a small electric boiler married to an unvented cylinder not cheap and quite big Electromax - Electric flow boiler

Remember running costs to compare look at how much gas and electric would be and so long as electric only comes in around that then that's alright. Your options are as you say storage or panel heaters and unvented direct cylinder as only 2 beds you probably only need 125 litres

Elnur gabboron electric combi.

Best off with amptec boiler for rads and unvented cylinder for hot water.

Thank you all for helpful advices. I might go for amptec + power shower and old cylinder.

Off topic, is 4k for SGN to connect gas to flat 47m away from main road reasonable quote?

I would say it's about right normally if you can do the grunt work on your land it's cheaper (dig the trench / channel etc)

Thank you all for helpful advices. I might go for amptec + power shower and old cylinder.

Off topic, is 4k for SGN to connect gas to flat 47m away from main road reasonable quote?
I live in the Midlands and a customer of mine was having an extension built and was quoted £3500.00 to move a gas meter 4 meters. I think it depends on where you live and who your supplier is to be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Electric combi boiler? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock