Discuss ELECTRIC boiler needed (- Potterton Gold Electric 12V?) - nr Ashford,Kent in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

NEEDABOILER

Has anyone fitted one of these - is it simple? (It is to replace an old oil boiler in a small bungalow)
We have no gas and cant afford a new oil boiler, so this seems the ideal solution, although we realise the running costs are higher.
- is the Potterton 12KW one good?

Last edited by a moderator:
Haven't fitted one but removed one for a cust, they were paying £600 a quarter on electric for a 3 bed cottage with a economy 10 tariff.

- is the Potterton 12KW one good?

The potterton will probably be a re-boxed version of the Heatrae Sadia Amptec, since they are part of the same group. On that basis, it will be as good as any other - Heatrae are a premium brand in electric water heating.

Running costs really will be hideous though.

[DLMURL]http://www.elnur.es/download/manuales/CM%20y%20CMX%20manual.pdf[/DLMURL]

Last edited by a moderator:
Haven't fitted one but removed one for a cust, they were paying £600 a quarter on electric for a 3 bed cottage with a economy 10 tariff.

Thanks for your advice - We do have Economy7 and only 4 radiators, all with thermostatic valves, so still think it might be worth a try?

The cost difference between a electric boiler and a cheap oil one cant be that great (a quick Google indicates its only a few hundred quid) I'd have though the cost savings of keeping oil would be enough to make it worth while. Or as ermintrude says unless the jacket has gone on your old boiler it almost certainly can be economically repaired.

The cost difference between a electric boiler and a cheap oil one cant be that great (a quick Google indicates its only a few hundred quid) I'd have though the cost savings of keeping oil would be enough to make it worth while. Or as ermintrude says unless the jacket has gone on your old boiler it almost certainly can be economically repaired.

- I thought oil boilers were about £1800. I'll have another look thanks - sounds like it's going to be too costly to run on electric only.

If the jackets ok a good engineer can get it back to life. Very worst case I would expect a new or recon burner into it.

This is just what the forum is all about - an honest question - info given based
on experience and I learned somethings as well - Thank all

centralheatking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to ELECTRIC boiler needed (- Potterton Gold Electric 12V?) - nr Ashford,Kent in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back