Search the forum,

Discuss Elbow at wrong angle in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mr_T

Hi and thank you for reading. I am installing a shower valve which requires a 3/4 male threaded fitting. I am using a make 3/4 thread that goes into the valve and the other end is 22mm compression fitting. The connection is elbowed. The issue I am having is when the elbow is screwed all the way into shower valve I end up with the compression end at the wrong angle. I would have to back it off a quarter of a turn for it to line up with the pipework. Will ptf tape be sufficient to stop any leaks if the elbow is not tightened all the way home?

Give it a few extra wraps of ptfe and wind up til it gets tight and then set to your angle. Don't turn back though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Elbow at wrong angle in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock