Search the forum,

Discuss ecoTEC Plus 624 and Smart stats? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

I am hoping that someone may be able to help me out with some issues faced upon us at home.

We have an ecoTEC 624 with two zone's UP and DOWN plus an albion hot water store.

We have:
ecoTEC Plus 624 - stored in my extension loft
VR81 on the landing hard wired to;
VR61 in landing cupboard
VRC 470F downstairs

3 Honeywell zone valves all hard wired into my VR61.

For the past 2 years that i have the system in it has never really worked as designed in that the heating zones will not work independently, the upstairs has a mind of its own and we generally have to turn the stats right up to get any sort of heat upstairs OR have both zones on at the same time, if the latter is the case then upstairs will work, however this often brings with it some air locks where i have to lock of all other rads to push hot water to other rads etc.

With winter steadily approaching the good lady at home (and myself) is expressing concern over our heating system and we really want to get it A) Fixed or B) Changed.

One friend has Hive and speaks very highly of it, another friend has Nest and also speaks very highly of that, personally i prefer the nest of the two and as i understand it, if i want to go to a nest system ill need two nest stats' one up and one down to run each zone.

The question is... do i bother looking to change my controls or am i taking a backwards step?

Yes, i would like the SMART functions of the two aftermarket products but i don't really want to lose "optimum" functionality of my boiler, i vaguely understand that with the 470F i am getting complete weather comp and modulation etc. BUT with the SMART functions of the nest would this saving balance the overall running costs out?

I suppose i want someone who knows what they are talking about to just tell me what to do! haha.

Many thanks guys.

DSC_1316.JPG

DSC_1447.JPG

IMG_5648.JPG

IMG_5649.JPG

IMG_5650.JPG

LP/ZP = Cylinder Honeywell Zone Valve
HK1-P = Heating Zone 1 (Down S) Honeywell Zone Valve
HK2-P = Heating Zone 2 (Up S) Honeywell Zone Valve

Is the first pic how it is now ??

And didn't the installer check that the system worked ?

Is the first pic how it is now ??

And didn't the installer check that the system worked ?
HEHE, no, that isnt how it is now, that would explain half of my zoned issues i am sure!

Install was myself! i had a GS buddy do the gas and testing for the cert, he has since fled to Oz so i am all out of phone a friends

Phone controlled stats or hard wired independent up and down stats?

Go into installer level on the 470 and turn the heating curve up if it hasnt been done yet. The factory setting for the curve is very low and you will find the rads only seem to get luke warm unless its very cold outside.

There wireless stats but not smart phone compatable shaun.

Except for the vr81 actually. That will be hard wired

Go into installer level on the 470 and turn the heating curve up if it hasnt been done yet. The factory setting for the curve is very low and you will find the rads only seem to get luke warm unless its very cold outside.

so its weather compd?

IMG_2573.jpg
IMG_2574.jpg
IMG_2575.jpg
IMG_2576.jpg
IMG_2577.jpg
IMG_2578.jpg
IMG_2579.jpg
IMG_2580.jpg
IMG_2581.jpg
IMG_2582.jpg

bring the heating curve upto 1.8 try that for both zones

can you adjust flow temp target ? if so bring it upto 70

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to ecoTEC Plus 624 and Smart stats? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We have a three zone heating system plus water cylinder (OSO Super S 250L) on an Valliant EcoTec 637. Two CH zones and a UFH zone. Boiler is rarely at maximum power rating, even at full tilt. The UFH zone has it's own pump and the other two zones (three storey house) are just pumped from the...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am looking for a heating engineer to diagnose and resolve an issue with my Vaillant EcoTec 832 combi boiler. Job Location: Copeland Rd, London. Job Description: Problem: The boiler is not providing heating under normal conditions, although hot water supply is fine. Interestingly...
Replies
Views
Afternoon all, I have a customer with a heavily extended semi which now has 4 beds, 2 bathroom and 5 reception rooms. They have started working from home and want to zone the heating system, unfortunately the system boiler and cylinder is in the garage with 2 x 22mm primary pipes disappearing...
Replies
Views
We have recently moved into a property which has a Worcester Greenstar Highflow 440 Standalone Combi gas boiler. This appears to be a relatively old unit however, it is still in great working condition and has been serviced on a regular basis. I'd like to add a Nest Thermostat to control the...
Replies
Views
Hi. A new house regulation for a 2 zone heating system because it's bigger that 150sqm. I'm I right in saying zone 1 should be all of the downstairs radiators and zone 2 all of the upstairs radiators ? I have thermostat room programmer down the stairs and another one upstairs. I think the two...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock