Search the forum,

Discuss Ecotec 637 System Boiler - Is this correct behaviour? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

pghstochaj

Hi everybody,

I have just had an Ecotec 637 system boiler with Unistor 300 tank installed. These are controlled using the Evohome system although I haven't yet bought the TRV heads so it is just working as a single thermostat control.

Everything is working correctly in that the thermostat is calling for heat (HW or CH) and the respective valve is opening and telling the boiler to fire. The boiler goes through its start up cycle, the burner lights and stays at 50% for about 2 seconds and then modulates right down. The water temp in the boiler during this period will be around 30degC and maybe 15 minutes later the boiler modulates up and then runs fine. If I turn the boiler on and off then it skips this 15 minute wait and modulates straight up.

Is this behavior normal and this boiler is just slow to react, or is something else happening?

I don't want to call back my installer just yet, until I know whether something is wrong or it is just my ignorance.

Sorry if I have missed anything out from the above, just let me know and I will answer it. Regarding the boiler size, it's a large house and the boiler is appropriately sized.

Cheers

I would call the installer back.

They either have not set the boiler up correctly or there is a fault with something within the boiler.
Your installer should know what to do - repair or call manufacturer for assistance

Hi
Get the Electritian back. It's wired wrong ( missing permanent live)

Thanks both. Regarding the perm live, the boiler stays on even if the evohome doesn't send out a signal, is this still the correct problem?

Hi, any help on the perm live issue above please? I want to guide the fitter to the solution if it is well known.

Thanks
Paul

It's either perm live missing, or the "on" link still installed. Any Electritian will know.
As it's inside the sealed casing on a gas burning appliance. We can't give advice on this.
Hope you understand our legal and safety responsibilities here.

Hi, thanks for the reply. If it is turned on and off quickly it seems to bring the burner in quickly at a high rate which may make the problem difficult to replicate when he comes - I've just made me question myself as it hasn't happened this evening during my testing! Anyway, I've messaged him and I'll let you know how it gets sorted.

Thanks for your help - I understand the limitations. I am a chartered process engineer working in power station design and project management so I understand the equipment and risks, but am obviously not gas safe registered which is what matters in this instance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ecotec 637 System Boiler - Is this correct behaviour? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I recently had a new 2023 Vaillant ecoTec plus 630 (30kW) system boiler installed along with a Low Loss Header (LLH) in my house. I have 21 rads in the house and a room with UFH. The LLH was introduced as I was finding (before the LLH was fitted) that my old boiler (Vaillant heat-only boiler)...
Replies
Views
Hi all Wondering if you could help with this strange issue. I have a Vaillant ecotec 637 (set to 20kw part load) which was connected via a LLH to my system of 3 zones; DHW and 2 radiator zones. The gas usage was high and didn’t feel the boiler was modulating, so yesterday I decided to remove...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Just wanted to share my experience with "upgrading" an S plan setup to Opentherm and Vaillant Control Center (VR66). There are a few threads on a few different forums but I wanted to share a full write-up with all the steps needed, benefits and costs. Overall, I fully recommend...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Vailant EcoTec Boiler with a Megaflo. These are controlled by a Honeywell controller. I have one 3 port diverter, where one of the outputs goes to a 2 port diverter prior to the Megaflo (I believe this is some safety feature). I have run into an intermittent problem where some...
Replies
Views
Hi, i've got a job with a Vaillant Ecotec 630 system boiler, and i don't know the full history but the house has definitely been extended significantly since the boiler was installed. There's now 21 radiators/towel rails. It's getting to temperature, but even after balancing, it's not heating...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock