Search the forum,

Discuss Economy 10 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our heating is a nibe f2015 connected to a macdonald powerflow 2000 tank with two immersion heaters and 7 radiators and a solar panel, control is a smo 5 and a danfoss 5000si. The smo5 does not have a roomsensor fitted. The danfoss is fitted in an alcove next to the front door.
We are on economy 10 but we don't seem to be able to control when the heating comes on, ie high rate or low rate, is this normal or do we control it by putting the temp down on the danfoss for the periods when the house is on the higher rate, at the moment we are using a total of 38kw a day for a smallish three bedroom house. We went from storage heating to this and at the moment we are about 350 dearer than last year (£1000) and we've still got 3 months to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Economy 10 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi,

Our heating stopped working today. We've got a Veissmann boiler that's under a year old, and an older Megaflow cylinder, and two diverter valves (all about 10 years old). We also use a Hive thermostat.

When I boost the hot water with Hive, the receiver near the boiler shows it's...
Replies
Views
Hi, We are having PV panels fitted which will dump the excess energy into our hot water tank. Our house originally had a large 210L economy7 hot water tank (cold tank in loft), but the hot water tank died 18 years ago. At that time we fitted a smaller 117litre tank and went for fitting electric...
Replies
Views
Hello! I have a large house, 20 radiators + UFH. Heated house area is about 350 m2. House is class B, it is written in the certificate that house requires 73 kWh(m2/year) for heating. I had my system fully upgraded last year, installed new Vitodens 200-W 49 kW (B2HA) model with Vitotronic 200...
Replies
Views
Hi, sorry this is so long. I have tried to give all relevant info. We are building a new, small, two-storey house that is off grid for power. There are only a few companies that do central heating systems locally, and they are aimed at the very top end of the market. We are at the lower end of...
Replies
Views
Not an expert at all here, so please bear with me. We bought a Victorian terraced house early 2 years ago that was maintained quite well, with a heating system consisting of UFH on the bottom floor with its own manifold and each room being a zone. We also have 5 radiators (2 aluminium cast)...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock