Search the forum,

Discuss Ecoflow ionizer on oil fuel line. What does this do? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi
I saw and ecoflow ionizer (yellow box) connected to the boiler oil fuel line . What does this actually do.??
Thanks
Ray

They have been around for a lot of years. You get them for cars also.
Supposed to be magnets that change the structure of the fuel so that it burns more fully and releases more energy.
If it doesn't cost much it won't do any harm clamping one on the oil line and they last forever.
Could be a load of bull, but who really knows?

Thanks for the reply .
Fair enough. Much like the in line scale electrolytic inhibitor. Some say they protect the whole house ...Do they actually work ???

That's why they will always keep being sold, - how can they be tested in real life situations?
Fit one and find the oil consumption is slightly less in a year period, but was it due to the magnet, or because the winter wasn't too bad, or the previous boiler service, etc, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ecoflow ionizer on oil fuel line. What does this do? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Any advice welcome as plumber stumped Had 36-46 grant vortex utility boiler 7 years no problem recently oil tank move and tigerloop install (tank about 1m lower). 10 days later and boiler either doesn't fire or fires stops, fires runs splutters stops. Most it runs now is 10 mins, but that's...
Replies
Views
I saw on a plumerparts posts comments that the gas engineer always used an inline filter on the gas line to the boiler due to debris. I’ve just had a new boiler fitted, is it a good idea to ask my installer back and pay for a filter to be installed or a waste of money as the gas isn’t that...
Replies
Views
I'm looking for some advice on a frustrating problem I'm having with my old Eurostar 50-60s oil boiler please? Although it's old, most parts needed to operate it are now new. The symptoms indicated a broken/seized burner motor or oil pump. I wrongly assumed the motor so I ordered a new one only...
Replies
Views
Recently I needed to re-route very old and dodgy oil pipe from tank to boiler. I dug trench and laid a duct and the engineer used green plastic (Pipelife Qual-Oil?) oil line to do the job. Had cause to have boiler manufacturer out to look at something yesterday and he remarked that this Qual oil...
Replies
Views
Got a replacement combination boiler, less that 1 year old. Noticed some water from the connection pictured. Can't see what is it from the manuals, possibly a rainwater drain? Was told by the person from Vaillant that it was an A A V (auto air vent), but she didn't sound too certain! Can...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock