Search the forum,

Discuss Ecoflam? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert Tyrrell

Gas Engineer
Afternoon guys & Gals,
I have just been to a boiler 'Service' call to find that the boiler isn't working as it should but with no manual its hard to know the settings
Does anyone have a manual for the burner in the photo?
It's attached to a Grandee boiler but although they said they would email me the documentation I've received nothing yet.
The also want £63.47 +VAT for a new ignition transformer (I think that this might be the problem although the pump has been replaced by me as it had seized) with a £10 +VAT delivery charge. It might be more economical fro the customer to by a new burner but the Grandee boiler is wall mounted and the burner hangs underneath so I haven't a clue what might fit.

They are a bit 'poop' as you put it andI can't find anything apart from a few spare parts on Google. There is stuff for Ecoflam boilers but not the Minor ☹

Poop was a massive understatement :) Was a right handed pump you fitted? Sure the ecoflams are cack handed.

BFP 11R3 pump fitted as a replacement for the original.

If anyone can suggest a direct replacement burner I might be able to get them to go for that instead of the repair.

Is it the cofi transformer? As they are only 30 + vat. Things would have to be bad for me to swap the whole burner, in fact never fitted a new burner, but have rented some recons to people.

Minor one burners used to be fitted to a lot of the Grant standard efficiency boilers (Euroflame, Slimline, Multipass). Also on some of the cookers, - Rayburn. But that might be a special design for under a boiler.
I have some Minor one info that I could get.
I am thinking if the blast tube is correct length, then consider B9, or InterB11, or Sterling 40 burners

Last edited:
Is it the cofi transformer? As they are only 30 + vat. Things would have to be bad for me to swap the whole burner, in fact never fitted a new burner, but have rented some recons to people.

Same with me. A modern burner has to all damp damaged before I would replace it. Rarely have I fitted new burners. But sometimes it makes sense to replace as cheaper long term.

HWOS all the way, their cheap replacement burner is now a bentone for £189plus the dreaded.

take a peak through this trianco manaual, they use the minor 1 as well, which might help you

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ecoflam? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock