Search the forum,

Discuss Eco Tec plus 937 Overheating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Antoaneta Rogerson

Hi, this is my first post and am hoping someone can help me with a problem I've got.
I've got a Vaillant Ecotec 937 with the storage pack its 6 years old and has been fine up till now. I am not getting no hot water at all, the boiler fires up when I open the hot tap and the plate heat exchanger gets red hot the boiler temp reaches 80 odd degrees and cuts out. The engineer removed the plate heat exchanger and descaled it, it was fairly clean and nothing to stop it from working. He put it back and still no hot water, I have checked the diverter valve actuator and it is working in heating and hot water and He take it the valve it's self is working as the plate is getting red hot. I've turned off warm start and it makes no difference, am I right in thinking it could be the dreaded issue to do with the storage pump . Does this pump run even with warm start off?? I've looked in the book and the diagram looks as though it needs to run to be able to get a flow through the plate. The engineer changed the mane PCB but still the same problem
He thinks is the APC pump and booked the appointment for two Enginners to come..
I'm really stressed. Really need an advice.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks

have you tried phoning vaillant up im sure they do a fixed price repair

also hop you dont mind me asking where in the uk are you?

Hi, this is my first post and am hoping someone can help me with a problem I've got.
I've got a Vaillant Ecotec 937 with the storage pack its 6 years old and has been fine up till now. I am not getting no hot water at all, the boiler fires up when I open the hot tap and the plate heat exchanger gets red hot the boiler temp reaches 80 odd degrees and cuts out. The engineer removed the plate heat exchanger and descaled it, it was fairly clean and nothing to stop it from working. He put it back and still no hot water, I have checked the diverter valve actuator and it is working in heating and hot water and He take it the valve it's self is working as the plate is getting red hot. I've turned off warm start and it makes no difference, am I right in thinking it could be the dreaded issue to do with the storage pump . Does this pump run even with warm start off?? I've looked in the book and the diagram looks as though it needs to run to be able to get a flow through the plate. The engineer changed the mane PCB but still the same problem
He thinks is the APC pump and booked the appointment for two Enginners to come..
I'm really stressed. Really need an advice.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks
Afternoon. You said that YOU checked the diverter. You have to take the case off to do this. Are you gas safe registered?

Cant understand why he put in a new PCB without checking if the pump is working that is basic stuff where did this guy come from ? he doesn't seem to know anything about boilers ! is he GS or just a plumber ? I would be asking for a refund for the board.

I would turn on the heating, the boiler should fire and run on low rate for a few minutes, then as the system is cold it will ramp up to full rate, if it over heats/ bangs and crashes then shuts off, and after the pump over run lights up and repeats then i'd say you have a fouled primary heat exchanger, ecotec's are prone to it if fitted to a dirty system that hasn't been powerflushed and a primary filter fitted, if that is the case I would cut your loses and get a reputable accredited installer to fit a new boiler with a 10 year warranty. IMO

The flow and return pipes inside may be the old type which have rubber sections midway down them(likely they are). They'll be blocked. Engineer should squeeze them firmly and crunching will be felt.Thats the sludge breaking up. Replacements required.

The flow and return pipes inside may be the old type which have rubber sections midway down them(likely they are). They'll be blocked. Engineer should squeeze them firmly and crunching will be felt.Thats the sludge breaking up. Replacements required.
Think they have been upgraded to copper pipes now !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Eco Tec plus 937 Overheating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock