Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. Hi, welcome to the new look UKPlumbersForums.co.uk - Login with your usual login details, or sign up if you don't already have an account. If you post just once, all the advertisements get automatically removed. We have some competitions coming soon, and lots of new feaures. 

Discuss Easyplumb shower tray install in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. Ant6869

Ant6869 New Member

Good evening all.
    Currently fitting a 800x1000 offset quadrant tray on easy plumb legs, i was thinking of fixing battons to the wall below the tray to contact the edge of the stone resin tray the same as for a bath tub.is this worthwhile to give extra support or is it a big mistake and should i just use the easy plumb as it came, i would appreciate your opinions please.
    Also i propose to bond the tray to the wall so would like a good flexible adhesive and had proposet to use ct1 is this about the best or what do others use between wall and tray.
    Kind regards
    Ant.

2. townfanjon

townfanjon Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Just use the legs pal , you dont need to use adhesive but when the tray is in place seal between the tray and wall with a good quality silicone ( if its fresh plaster pva it the day before ) . After you have tiled , seal it again between tiles and tray .

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ant6869

Ant6869 New Member

I had thuoght there would be no need for extra support but wasent sure as i had seen some instructions on line for some random tray asking for a couple of battons to be fitted to the wall as well as the legs, i thought that sounded like a good idea but i suoopse i depends on the tray, mine is eastbrook and ii guess it may not be such an idea after all as should there be any movement and the wall battons picked up the weight the support on the legs could be lost and result in a cracked stone resin tray.
    What do you guys think.
    Regards ant.

4. Radioman

Radioman Active Member

The legs that screw or plug into the tray work well. I wouldn't use the system that has a ply board again.