Search the forum,

Discuss Easyfit isolators in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wirralplumber

Gas Engineer
Has anyone got any experience with these easyfit isolators? Looks like a good idea but I'd like to know if anyone has fitted any and what they think

I have one in the van as a last resort.
the idea is good.
never as yet had to use it.
Be interesting to know how easy they are to fit and reliability.

Same here. Got one on the van but always managed to isolate, freeze or snatch...

Do you know if anyone has had any call backs with them? I always have a pain in a local med Center I do work for with the ISO valves leaking, this would be ideal, if I can trust it

Do you know if anyone has had any call backs with them? I always have a pain in a local med Center I do work for with the ISO valves leaking, this would be ideal, if I can trust it

Our in warranty return rate is less than 1% if that helps. From looking at the returns data, it seems to be drips and weeps that cause the odd return. We don't have any recorded case of a catastrophic failure.

To be fair though, our sales records cover hundreds rather than thousands of sales, and therefore the statistical universe is not as great as I would like to give a really solid opinion.

The bloke uses 2 different tools, 3 different screw bits including the isolator that comes in 4 parts I am not at all convinced that during an emergency I will be able to get hold of all these bits from my van and not lose my mind trying to assemble this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Easyfit isolators in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, I have an old Combi boiler for which the heating has stopped working. The hot water is fine, and I think I've isolated the problem to the pump. The pump is a Grundfos Alpha2, and it has usually has two numbers, but it is instead showing two dashes ( -- ). I think the propeller isn't...
Replies
Views
S
Hello, So we have a two year old boiler and have cleaned / flushed the system twice recently but not all radiators will heat at the same time. All radiators have the ability to heat when the others are isolated so not likely the TRV. have been attempting to balance but seems like maybe not...
Replies
Views
The isolation valve connected directly to our toilet fill valve has started to leak (I assume the washer has deteriorated). I'd like to get a like-for-like replacement so that I can just do a straight swap of the entire isolation valve without having to worry about resizing pipes, but my google...
Replies
Views
Hi Just had a new bathroom installed with a toilet bowl that reaches the back wall. Its has a bottom entry cold feed to the cistern. The fitter put an isolation valve on the pipe work for this :-(, the copper pipe comes up from a plastic pipe push fit. See photo. I did a tissue paper test and...
Replies
Views
Hello, Is it ok to use a full bore isolation valve to isolate a hot and cold feed to taps or should I use a service restricted bore. I’m thinking about using a full bore with a handle as my default as I find that most of my customers struggle to muster up a screwdriver to isolate the water when...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock