Search the forum,

Discuss Early plugging kit in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

WHPES

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
I remembered when I was doing my training and I asked about plugging tanks and pipes.

I menioned rubber bungs but the old guy laughed and showed me a paper bag and said that he always had a few small carrots and tatties with him. They were always best when they had started to go a bit soft. Stuff the carrot down the outlet and push the tattie onto the vent pipe, but make sure you don't leave any bits in!

He also showed me how to stuff bread down a pipe to stop water dripping onto a joint being soldered, and when the water was back on the bread softens and is flusehd out before commissioning.

These techniques are a bit dubious for potable systems now due to the Water Regs, but I don't see a problem for heating systems.

Last edited:
i think we know the same bloke, a guy i sometimes play golf with.
74 years old and great tips and stories. he told me the carrot n bread one too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Early plugging kit in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock