Search the forum,

Discuss Dumb Q regarding pipe insulation. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this is a really dumb question, but having re routed several meters of 15mm copper pipe recently, all supported by lovely coloured Talon pipe clips at the requisite intervals :). I have come to insulate them. I have purchased several lengths (1M) of Water Byelaw 49 Pipe Wrap, as recommended by local trades. Unfortunately these seem to be too thick to wrap around the pipes where they run along any support. The wall thickness is 25mm at least.
Am I being stupid and should just get the thinner wall pipe wrap, or is there a trick to using this stuff that I havent figured out? Maybe cutting a flat along all one side :eek:?
It seems to me that having a recommended insulation that is too thick to be fitted, somewhat defeats the purpose......

I thought of the spacers, but cant retro fit them. Looks like the thinner insulation. Bugger! ;)

You also can get 19mm thick pipe insulation, which will just fit usually. It can vary with different makes of insulation, so check that. Armaflex black foam rubber pipe insulation tends to work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Dumb Q regarding pipe insulation. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

C
We're having the loft converted at the front of our house, and the plumber has routed the new water and central heating pipes via the rafters in the back loft (which isn't being converted). He's wrapped some insulation (looks like TopSleeve) round them and assures me it'll be fine. I'm worried...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, first post here So I have been boxing in a number of heating pipes that are throughout my garage since the boiler was located there by the previous owner, they decided to run pipes all along the edge of the garage floor... I do however have one that goes vertically out of the concrete...
Replies
Views
60's ranch, with single bathroom. Tile over concrete slab. Toilet is about a foot from exterior brick wall. Vent pipe is in interior wall behind toilet. There's a concrete patio outside the bathroom, that extends about 10 feet from the wall. I'm considering adding an ADU in the back yard, and it...
Replies
Views
I have three cold water tanks (2*cw + ch header) on a platform roughly 1M above the loft floor, I have not encountered this arrangement before and wondering how best to insulate it. Normally in previous houses with the tank direct on the ceiling joists I have left the ceiling un-insulated under...
Replies
Views
Hi Some people (not plumbers) have advised me that it's not such a good idea to a) Have 4 x 90deg bends in a sewer pipe and b) Encase these pipes in the concrete walls of the new pool. You can see the problem in this video: and the re-routed pipes here that will be encased in the concrete...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock