Search the forum,

Discuss DROP IN SHOWER FLOW/PRESSURE from Indirect Unvented Cylinder in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi
We had installed Indirect Unvented Cylinder(300L CentreStore) 3 years ago,as we had poor shower head pressure/flow with our Combi Boiler.
Lately we feel the shower flow or pressure has reduced.Previously we could run two or more showers/tap at same time,but nowadays once we have a tap open downstairs the shower flow reduces to a trickle.
What could possibly be the reason?
We get the combi-boiler and the Cylinder serviced annually and it is not due for another 4 months.
Any ideas?
Many Thanks

You noticed any change in your mains pressure?

Has the cold mains flow and pressure altered at the kitchen tap , i.e road been up , new houses close by etc etc

no,the mains pressure hasn't decreased.
may I add that we noticed it more after coming back from holiday(shutting off the combi boiler for 10 days)

Last edited:
Could be the inlet filter is blocked if you can manage until it's serviced tell them then if you can't call them out next week etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to DROP IN SHOWER FLOW/PRESSURE from Indirect Unvented Cylinder in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

S
Hi All I had an unvented cylinder fitted about 6 years ago. It only supplies hot water to my shower. I was hoping for a much better flow rate from the shower but it seemed no different from the original combi boiler hot feed. There is (unusually) a lever that lets me select the combi or the...
Replies
Views
Steveo111
S
R
  • Question
Hi, am getting our bathroom updated and local company suggested ditching our traditional attic CW tank/vented cylinder and pump for the shower and install an unvented pressurised HW cylinder instead. We have been told that this will not lead to a drop in effective pressure from the shower. Is...
Replies
Views
Hi, am getting our bathroom updated and local company suggested ditching our traditional attic CW tank/vented cylinder and pump for the shower and install an unvented pressurised HW cylinder instead. We have been told that this will not lead to a drop in effective pressure from the shower. Is...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm looking to purchase a 300L unvented indirect cylinder to work with a standard heat only boiler. I may have solar panels in the future, but likely the PV kind rather than the thermal kind, and won't be having heat pump in the future. So the cylinder would be connected to the boiler at...
Replies
Views
Hi Could I ask for some help with a water flow rate problem. I have good mains water pressure on the ground floor. There is no tank in the loft but an unvented cylinder in the upstairs airing cupboard. A gas heat only boiler. Upstairs I have two en suite rooms. One with a shower and one with...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock