Search the forum,

Discuss Dripping through tundish unvented RM Prostel - Hitchin/Bedfordshire Area in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

chrisab

Hi,

The post I put on the forum should cover what I'm looking for (guys have said I need a G3 qualified plumber). I'm in Langford SG18. Anyone fancy it?

Thanks,

--------------

Hi all,

I have spent a long time searching the web and here but I haven't been able to find the info I need. So...

New build house 2012 fitted with Prostel 180L unvented RM cylinder.

Noticed COLD water dripping through tundish yesterday so after searching on the web I isolated the water, drained through hot tab and pumped PV up to 2bar (should be 3bar but hand pump didn't want to go any further!). Tundish still dripping! Opened the temp safety valve (on side of tank) and pressure one joined to the pressure reducer to see if it wasn't seating right but again no joy.

From what I've read it seems that it will be either the temp/pressure valve on the tank or the combined pressure reducer/pressure safety valve. Does the cold water imply that it is the pressure reducer/safety valve rather than the one on the tank?

Is the above correct and if so can I change it myself or is work restricted and I need a qualified engineer to put new one in?

Thanks for the opportunity.

Because it is an unvented cylinder it falls under part g3 of the building regs making it completely illegal for anyone who has not undertaken formal training, been tested and registered with an appropriate body.

Who ever you get in please ensure that you check their g3 card.

If this job interests anyone please pm the op direct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Dripping through tundish unvented RM Prostel - Hitchin/Bedfordshire Area in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock