Search the forum,

Discuss Dripping tap ceramic disk cartridge. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt0029

Gas Engineer
Do many of you try getting a new ceramic disk cartridge for a dripping tap. Or just fit a new tap. I know getting a new cartridge unless a recognised make like bristan etc can be hard to impossible. What are your thoughts on this?

Screwfix do some cheapo ones , I stock those and if they dont fit , its a new tap

I see it's the spline length and number of teeth to look out for. What do they class as the spline on these?

I see it's the spline length and number of teeth to look out for. What do they class as the spline on these?

Splines are classed as the ridged parts, but not bloody easy to count! Which spline do you start with - and then how can you be sure where to end? :p
Personally I buy Screwfix ceramic works as they are very reasonable cost for the pair and do fit some taps. B&Q also do a few different sets.
I just take the tap head off and see if some of my stock works fit it

Depends cheap tap I just change the tap but branded one then I might change the cartridge

That's why I invented what I did Matt :D

Differences in cartridges are:
- opening direction (clockwise or anti)
- dia of spindle (splined bit - 7.5, 7.6, 8.0, 9.0, 10.0mm)
- number of splines range from (15-56)
- splined length (5-12mm)
- height of spindle (22-120mm)
- whether it's threaded for a shroud (yes or no)
- depth of seat (inside depth of tap 1/2" from 21 - 26mm, 3/4" 20 - 27mm)

There are more, but calculate the above & it works out at around 1,000,000 permutations. Reality tho is around 2000 so far found for 1/2"...

Last edited by a moderator:
Tap Magician do indeed do a wide range of Chinese options.
Just be aware tho none are WRAS (or equiv) approved so installer shoulders complete legal responsibility when installing as clearly breaching water regs.
Law says it's not illegal to supply - only to fit :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Dripping tap ceramic disk cartridge. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock