Search the forum,

Discuss Drip Between Tank & Pan in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All. I know subject has been discussed many times in posts of leak between tank & pan so please bear with me.
I did not know until I read on forums that Ideal Standard has for last 4 years or about have or can suffer from leaks between tank & pan. Ideal Standard have the through bolt type with nylon screw onto metal bolt. I thought it seemed odd that the sealing doughnut was made of foam and the thread from outlet valve went straight down pan hole with no sealing rubber washer.

Cannot do screws up any tighter by hand and given them a pinch with pliers but still get a drip when toilet is flushed. The annoying thing is it drips about 1 drip every time toilet is flushed.
From what I have read I need to throw away the foam doughnut and get a rubber doughnut? Would you as a precaution put silicone around the doughnut? I will have to take tank off to see what size the foam doughnut is to get a replacement of the correct size unless anyone knows off hand the size?

The outlet valve is a dual flush and a spare foam doughnut can be purchased from fastpart but only foam. I have just found replacement foam washer on fastpart for my I.S Playa toilet and the size is 2” BSP with the internal hole 65mm and external 115mm so I presume that is the size I need in rubber.
Trouble is trying to find one for sale on Sunday. Thanks for any help

In addition to your doughnut you will most likely need a new bolt through cistern connector kit. (toolstation part no:51104 £2.52). Silicone dome washer where it exits cistern. Tighten against cistern with hex nut and metal washer externally and then when fastening to pan with wing nuts, DO NOT LET THREADED BOLT ROTATE, as this will loosen the seal at cistern.

In addition to your doughnut you will most likely need a new bolt through cistern connector kit. (toolstation part no:51104 £2.52). Silicone dome washer where it exits cistern. Tighten against cistern with hex nut and metal washer externally and then when fastening to pan with wing nuts, DO NOT LET THREADED BOLT ROTATE, as this will loosen the seal at cistern.

You don't need to use Silicone just use a decent doughnut washer

Thanks for your replies. It is not a triangular washer but a foam one. Had to pull out the middle and peel back paper protecting sticky on doughnut washer and then stick on. I should of really taken notice of my instinct of how will foam stop water leaking. perhaps it is the cheap foam or foam are just no good. Did I read somewhere that best use is as a frizzbee?

Now just got to find a doughnut washer the correct size. No doubt best to take foam one to merchants to see if they got one in stock the correct size.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Drip Between Tank & Pan in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock