Discuss drills in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

hammers4spanner

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
My 24v portable drill went pop while ago and have always used makita or dewalt but now looking at milwakee 18 v drill

i here these are the badgers nadgers anyone confirm this?

Yes yes and eer yes. The latest sds is a freaking monster. The warranty is top shelf my old one would Bop out a 24mm hole in concrete . But new one will suck up 28mm without a sweat allegedly. If you can afford buy the fuel gear. Once you've got one you won't go back. Buy two kits - tool batt and chargers then just bare tools that will do for ages. The area light m18 is brilliant.

I always speak to dave at toolmonkey . Posted same day and cheep cheep
http://www.toolmonkey.co.uk

my milwakee 18v is a couple of months old on offer at jewsons, bit heavier than my old bosch, twice as good though.

Not tried the new fuel milwaukees yet but i have owned almost every make. without condsidering the fuels i would put the bosch 36 volt drills at the top of the list based on price and performance. yes even the little one. If you want the best on the market then go for the hilti monster at about 1200 squids. The standard milwaukee 18v sds is very good, prob the best 18v sds ive owned.

i was going to buy the new m18 fuel big daddy sds drill but my van got broken into and i had to spend the money on new hand tools, but if i have one from from santa ill do a review of it.

i own:
bosch 36v sds
bosch 36v compact sds
milwaukee m18 18v sds
milwaukee v28 sds

i have owned/ had stolen:
dewalt 18v sds (li-on)
hitachi 24v sds
dewalt 24v sds
milwaukee 12v sds
bosch 24v sds
makita 18v sds (li-on)
panasonic 12v sds

Last edited:
Milwaukee have tools for difficult customers too

image.jpg

Just seen this

DeWalt DCD735M2-GB 14.4V 4.0Ah Li-Ion Cordless Combi Drill XR | Cordless Combi Drills | NoLinkingToThis

Worth a punt for ÂŁ125? Not sure if this is a good model or what but 2 x 4ah batteries? Need to repplace my Makita with duff batteries, anyone got one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to drills in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

hi all i need some help and advice i am tiling around 2 shower pipe fittings. as the measurements were intricate i was practicing on off cuts and trying to create a template. I've noticed when i drill holes into the tiles sometimes they would crack. i don't use any pressure or drill too fast...
Replies
Views
My father is getting quotes to have his back-boiler replaced. The firm he wants to use have told him that they will have to fit drain-offs to every radiator as this is now required by regulations. Can anyone confirm that this is correct, and which regulation has changed to now require this?
Replies
Views
Had conventional boiler and tanks removed last year and new combi fitted and just recently had it serviced but the guy who did it has given me a gas warning notice for at risk as the outside wall meter box has been drilled through for the gas pipe to go horizontal straight to the boiler. The...
Replies
Views
Hi all We have a Vaillant turbomax plus 828e combi which we found powered off a few days ago. Turns out the 2a glass fuse on the PCB had gone. Replaced and it turns back on but as soon as you start the hot water or heating, it pops again within a few seconds I have looked as the pump and can...
Replies
Views
C
Apologies - I am not a plumber - not sure if it is ok to post here but... It's freezing and my boiler is not working so, I wonder if anyone can offer me advice? I have an old Glowworm Micron 30FF. Must be about 18 years old. The whole system needs replacing if I am honest - the tank it fills...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock