Search the forum,

Discuss Dream heat pumps. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
How can I help ? What is your hang up ? Explain in full what your need is ? It`s really a simple principle of obtaining heat from a cheaper source ( AIR ) in my case, in the most economic way.

Last edited by a moderator:
been browsing the net and am kinda up to speed. cheers for the offer of help getting my head round it. looks impressive especially as a hybrid system (when needed).ive never fit any or worked on any so was a bit lost back then. i'll say it again, a good interesting thread.:yes:

Simples really, you have two heat sources, one (the Air Source Heat Pump ASHP) is efficient so long as air temp above 5°C outside, so when it gets below that a simple control box based around a frost stat calls for heat from a traditional oil/gas boiler. - Just need to make sure of the hysterisis of the outside stat as you don't want the system cutting in / out every few minutes, so go for at least a 3°C temperature change before switching back to the Air Source Heat Pump - say off at 4°C and back on at 7°C.

Hi,
I am a retired refrigeration engineer: I bought a Dream 5kw air source Heat pump for an outside pool. When I bought it I will say they were very helpful and sent me a full spec on operating pressures etc. In their advert it states they should last 20 years, 'don't believe it'. This heat pump has been outside for two and a half years, it is covered to protect it from the elements in the winter months. When I started it up for this years season 2014 I noticed frosting back and no heat output, I quickly found the cause being the condenser fan fouling the housing. This was caused by the fan motor bracket completely rusting through where it was connected to the units base. A simple job if you can get a new bracket. I rang a person called VJ at Dream Heat pumps for a replacement, he told me they do not hold them in stock but he could get one by Autumn. Its now mid may and waiting until the end of the summer until I can get a new bracket is not on.
This VJ advised I go to another heat pump supplier 'Duratech' and try to get one from them as they are very similar. In a nutshell dream heat pumps are cheap and cheerful, there is a saying " you only get what you pay for" in this instance very true. This company's response to my problem beggars belief, why couldn't this VJ have tried to source a new bracket for me? In the meantime I will have to try and try some old contacts in the trade for help, something I should not have to do if Dream Heat Pumps 'World of Bargains Ltd' had a good after sale service. I would not recommend this Company or its Dream Heat Pumps. Again, I say " you only get what you pay for".

They are a box shifting sales organisation, I would be astonished if they stocked any spares at all. They also flog hot tubs and all sorts of other stuff.
Requested a bunch of technical info and only got installation manual, looking for outputs below 15° air non existant! Mind you they are cheap!! (very Cheap)

Simples really, you have two heat sources, one (the Air Source Heat Pump ASHP) is efficient so long as air temp above 5°C outside, so when it gets below that a simple control box based around a frost stat calls for heat from a traditional oil/gas boiler. - Just need to make sure of the hysterisis of the outside stat as you don't want the system cutting in / out every few minutes, so go for at least a 3°C temperature change before switching back to the Air Source Heat Pump - say off at 4°C and back on at 7°C.

Just remember guys anythings easy when you understand how it works but at the start of learning about anything its not always simple , just a thought eh whyme

But very interesting , im like whyme if not done anything on AC although later this year ive my air source , ground source and solar thermal to do,

But very interesting , im like whyme if not done anything on AC although later this year ive my air source , ground source and solar thermal to do,

Kris,

A bit of a waste of time up there, Scotland, solid rock and freezing most the time, solar thermal, well maybe now and then.....:dizzy2::cool3::sunny:

Cheers happy, air source can only really be used on its own on a new build up here which is fully insulated , on an existing building need secondary heat source but i dare say thats all over aswell eh, but i wouldnt fancy doin a bore whole in the granite city, need a mighty drill for that happy ,

Would have thought nice cosy log burners or pellet burners (aka biomass) ideal for the frozen off-grid wastes up there :)

Hi all I have a dream heat pump on my swimming pool 15 kW and to be honest it struggles to get to over the 29 degrees and now seems to have given up heating, I called dream ( who only deal through the e mail or you can leave a phone message and the may call you back after 3 days ( trick to this is keep calling every 5 mins and fill up their answer phone system and you get a call back after 2-3 hours) but when you explain your problem and the fact that the instructions are translated from chinesse so don't make sence . They can't help you as they don't have a tech dept and told me to first press one button repeatedly and if that Didn't do the trick to call out an engineer ( but they didn't know anyone in the kent area and told me to go on google) so I think the cus service is appalinng,in house knowledge is poor,the pumps are from China,they don't have tosiba com pressures as the last time I looked they came from Japan even with the telesales guy trying to convince me otherwise, and would i recommend them yes only to the tax man or an ex wife who took the house and the pool . Anyone know of a good heater foe a swimming pool

Hi, I bought and installed a Dream 12.5kw last year but cant make head nor tail of the settings in the handbook (nor can 2 local plumbers or a computer expert) so i have to go outside to turn it on and off! It works well in default mode and i am happy with it but would love to be able to programme it! Email me at xxxxx if you can help please!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Dream heat pumps. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock