Search the forum,

Discuss Drayton Digistat + RF with Keston Combi boiler want to upgrade to Nest in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

Been researching to see if I can install a Nest 3rd generation control myself. I have opened up my existing Drayton Digistat and discovered the L is hooked up to 1 and I don't seem to have an earth. The system works with my wall thermostat calling the receiver, but I am just confused why I need the L connected to 1?

Also would it be as simple as connecting a Nest with the correct cable configuration?

Thanks
https://i.*********/wkFCeNE.jpg

nest-thermostat-eu-gen2-cables.png

easy enough to do

the link is there in your old control as threes no link from the live (230v) side as you can use the same controller in a 12v set up etc

nest-thermostat-eu-gen2-cables.png

easy enough to do

the link is there in your old control as threes no link from the live (230v) side as you can use the same controller in a 12v set up etc

Thanks for your quick reply, so does that mean all I need to do is have the same configuration with the Nest?

Thanks for your quick reply, so does that mean all I need to do is have the same configuration with the Nest?

no but close link l and 2 together 3 is the same etc

Unfortunately doesn't seem to work, I have tried manually force the boiler to turn on by pressing the Nest HotLink button but it doesn't want to start. Also tried wiring the same way as the original as per the photo above and it doesn't work either. I might have to call an engineer in.

Unfortunately doesn't seem to work, I have tried manually force the boiler to turn on by pressing the Nest HotLink button but it doesn't want to start. Also tried wiring the same way as the original as per the photo above and it doesn't work either. I might have to call an engineer in.

You tried putting back as original eg old prog/ stat back in ?

You tried putting back as original eg old prog/ stat back in ?
Yeap, I have tried connecting the wires like you have recommended above and also wiring it the same way as the existing configuration - both doesn't seem to work.

I have noticed on some youtube videos people connecting the wire I originally questioned from L to 2 rather than L to 1 or 1 to 2

Yeap, I have tried connecting the wires like you have recommended above and also wiring it the same way as the existing configuration - both doesn't seem to work.

I have noticed on some youtube videos people connecting the wire I originally questioned from L to 2 rather than L to 1 or 1 to 2
Think it should be L-2 as stated above. Just out of curiosity what timer is fitted?

L and N same link L to 2 and your black wire in ÂŁ is the same goes to 3 on heat link

L and N same link L to 2 and your black wire in ÂŁ is the same goes to 3 on heat link
Thanks! I will try it tonight.

Just out of curiosity, what is the technical explanation of the change in connection? The different between Satisfied (1) and Common (2) where we no longer use 1 but 2.

Thanks again

Thanks! I will try it tonight.

Just out of curiosity, what is the technical explanation of the change in connection? The different between Satisfied (1) and Common (2) where we no longer use 1 but 2.

Thanks again
Satisfied means there is power only when satisfied. Common is constant power 240v

Thank you all, I am very happy to say it now works!

To confirm the connection needed to be L to 2 rather than the original configuration of L to 1, with all other wires connected the same as the initial configuration from the photo.

Thanks again!

Thank you all, I am very happy to say it now works!

To confirm the connection needed to be L to 2 rather than the original configuration of L to 1, with all other wires connected the same as the initial configuration from the photo.

Thanks again!
Glad to hear it mate.

Glad you sorted it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Drayton Digistat + RF with Keston Combi boiler want to upgrade to Nest in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock