Search the forum,

Discuss Drayton Digistat +3RF Room Thermostat - HELP PLEASE in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

steveb21

Drayton Digistat +3RF Room Thermostat

Moved into a house a few months back.

The heating setup is controlled by a Drayton Digistat +3RF and a wireless reciever in the boiler room.

Few issues:

Temp reading on the digistat doesnt always appear to be correct.
Heating comes on at random times, even when i have set it not to.
Reading the reviews for the Drayton Digistat 3 +RF it appears others have the same issues with this unit/setup.

" This Digistat3 does not control temperature in a sensible way. There is in-built software that messes with the basic sensing of the temperature. My boiler is coming on for a minute and then going off again for about the same before it comes on again. This is going to wear out the control relay in very short order. I am taking it out today and replacing with a better product that senses the temperature as a thermostat should. Honestly- DO NOT BUY THIS one. "

" I bought the Digistat+3 a year ago and was constantly confused about what it was doing. It seemed to turn off the heating before the target temperature was reached and randomly switched on for a couple of minutes at a time during the night. After belatedly reading the reviews here, I now understand about the crazy algorithm built in to this device which means that it doesn't actually do what it says in the instructions. The whole thing seems pointless to me because I constantly have to adjust the temperature to get the heating to stay on, so I might just have well used a simple switch. It clearly isn't worth the money and there are better devices at just over half the price.
The manufacturer suggested that I buy a different unit! I suggest that you do too. "

Question:

Has any others had similair issues?
If i was to replace the unit, could some one offer some advice to what to change it to please?

I used to have one some years ago and it never seemed that reliable-by which I mean it turned the heating on when it shouldnt have been etc.. Maybe it was just me, but I won`t be buying another.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Drayton Digistat +3RF Room Thermostat - HELP PLEASE in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock