Search the forum,

Discuss Dragons Den - Pump Removal Tool Invention in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

craigprunty

Did anyone watch dragons den tonight? There was a guy selling a product called radclamp to remove rads of the wall without draining. The tool that really caught my eye was the pump removal tool.

I think if the Dragons picked on the nightmare it is to something’s remove ceased pump nuts that have been on systems for 20 years plus that are also usually close to pipes and hard to reach, they would have invested in this invention but then again they aren’t plumbers lol

The amount of times I know my brother has nearly hit a copper cylinder trying to break lose the nuts when something like this would make an excellent crimbo prez :D lol.

If anyone can tell me where I can buy this pump tool?

The only thing you need to remove a rad without draining is 2 thumbs.
A Hammer and screwdriver will get most pump nuts to move but if it doesn't then cut the nut with a junior hacksaw.

thanks for the advice but sometimes the pump needs to be refitted. yes i agree 2 thumbs work but sometimes can get messy depending on big your thumbs and how long your arms are lol.

I m just after the this pump removal tool or something like it that clamps around the nut. mainly for when the pumps not always so aces sable to put a good swing in with a hammer and screw driver.

yes i saw it, just spent an hour looking on t'net.
try 'dragons den tools'.
looking for the tap of thing personally.
good luck.

A hammer and screwdriver hit on the edges of the nut will turn it. If you need to cut the pump nut a new one will just fit back on in it's place. Thats what the cut outs on the nuts are for.;)

yeah it didnt explain properly when i saw it the rad clamp is just a wrench but like the idea of holding water in rad if you are on your own to prevent spills . Would defo buy the tap clamp gland remover thingy let me know if anyone finds it.

hi johnmcginty

I saw the tap thing when i went on the site for the clamp. The website is radclamp.com
if you get one let us know whats its like.

cheers

craig

Feel a rant coming on

Do not want to put a downer on anyone wanting to expand their tool kit but what a load of rubbish,they can not even get their prices right !!
If anyone wants any of this tat,wait a few months and you will find it for a fraction of the price down the local market

If I was requesting £ 89,000,think could come up with some better loss making alleged plumbing items

And if anyone needs any of this stuff,they are doing something wrong

ps. thats the rad and tap rubbish ,have not seen pump tat yet,not holding my breath :rolleyes:

rant over

Have a nice day everyone :)

:D:D:D

I totally agree with you Puddle. They will end up at the bottom of the toolbag adding extra weight for a few months before making it to the bin. :D:D

my problem is once suckered in to buying tt=hese gadjets i cant throw them away and they join the might come in handy box in the garage where they can gently rust away whilst sniggering at me every time i walk in the garage

tools evolve very slowly to meet the needs of a trade 10 years ago no one had plastic cutter now everyone has a pair and my wiping kits is moldering away n the back of shed
i think the last tool i bought that was actually an improvement was the rad tail ratchet spanner which is good but ive still got 2 different ud and two angled type for times when the ratchet dont fit or i need to remove the old type airvents
before that it was pipeslices which are great but i think it was them that have given me a bad wrist bit of rsi as theres no leverage and you have to grip them tightly if the blade isnt good
if theres anytool developers out there looking to make a killing id suggest putting a light into a range of levels ,average age of all trades is going up and everyones eyes deteriate with age and an illuminated bubble would be great its often a pain rigging up a light just to scribe a line

Last edited:
i find if the nut is seized on the pump connections i can turn it but the pump spins with it

nightmare it is to something’s remove ceased pump nuts that have been on systems for 20 years plus that are also usually close to pipes and hard to reach, they would have invested in this invention but then again they aren’t plumbers lol

Ever tried this. Also, I use my sds hammer drill (rotation stopped of course) with a chisel bit in. Either 1 never fails :D [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CHfYzVrCCs]YouTube - DIAMOND SAW BLADES FOR DREMEL TYPE 02[/ame]

seems nice bit of kit............but no gaurd !!! have to keep counting me fingers,make sure all three are still there !!!!;):p

seems nice bit of kit............but no gaurd !!! have to keep counting me fingers,make sure all three are still there !!!!;):p
Just noticed your location London/Lincolnshire. Can't you make your mind up or girlfriends in both parts.... or wife in 1 & "go where the work takes you" ;) I was in Sleaford until 3 years ago & did 18 months of commuting/digs so as to help with the kids the schools. Up to 5 hours back up to Sleaford on a Friday & only 2 hrs down to London at 2am. Never again :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Dragons Den - Pump Removal Tool Invention in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock