Search the forum,

Discuss DPS Cylinder CPC-210-4048-1 (heatweb)...any ideas? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

llrd

Hi.

Have this cylinder installed which is causing issues, so it needs replacement. The model number on top is CPC-210-4048-1 from DPS (heatweb). Anyone knows what type is it and what would be a good replacement?

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is most likely a thermal store but would need more details &/or photo.

What are the issues ?

BTW welcome to the forum

IMG_4771.jpgIMG_5134.jpg

The issue is that there is no hot water. And there was some repair done a few weeks ago, and now is broken again. It seems to be in a very bad state from outside.

What I am after is that which replacement should I get. A direct definitely, but a vented or an unvented one.

It's in a block of flats, so an unvented seems to be the one. But can't have discharge pipes.

That does look like an unvented cylinder already so there must be discharge pipes

Sorry Si yes quite right, helps if I look at the pic properly

DS-19 HEATBANK<sup>®</sup> Pandora Electric

From the look of the blurred pic you have a directly (immersion) heated thermal store which provides just your domestic hot water. It uses cheap overnight electric to heat the cylinder of primary water. When you open a hot tap mains pressure cold water passes through a heat exchanger, the primary hot water is used to heat the mains water which then comes out of hot taps, the two waters do not mix.

Because the hot water is heated instantaneously there is no expansion to worry about so no need for safety valves & discharge pipes which in flats can be a real pain & you get mains pressure hot water like a combi boiler.

They are not that common & replacing it with something else like an un-vent cylinder is not going to be that easy.
The only other one I can think of is Gledhill

Thermal storage | Gledhill Thermal stores

Does anyone else know of any other makes?

MacDonald Engineering Thermflow combination electric.

Most cylinder manufacturers will knock one up for you if you ask.

Yes, after a lot of google search and comments from here. It turns out to be a Thermal Store. Any good recommendations for a 210ltr version?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to DPS Cylinder CPC-210-4048-1 (heatweb)...any ideas? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock