Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. Hi, welcome to the new look UKPlumbersForums.co.uk - Login with your usual login details, or sign up if you don't already have an account. If you post just once, all the advertisements get automatically removed. We have some competitions coming soon, and lots of new feaures. 

Discuss double check valve requirements for incoming mains. in the Water Regulations area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. Tomsafe

Tomsafe GSR

Hi all,
    current job to replace old lead incoming mains for 25mm poly pipe, from the meter in front garden to kitchen at back of house, 3 bed semi with a combi boiler,
    !question! do I need to include a double check valve on the incoming mains water valve arrangement.
    many thanks

2. dancinplumba

dancinplumba Trusted Plumber GSR

your meter will act as a non return valve, but you will require a small expansion vessel (150ml) to take up thermal expansion

3. chris watkins

chris watkins Plumber

No Tom you don't need one,
    With all due respect if you are going to start messing around with water / water mains you really do need to do the Water Reg's course, then you be able to self cert & know what is & isn't required.

4. Tomsafe

Tomsafe GSR

Yes true, it's a one off job I don't normally touch domestic, but didn't want to install incorrectly, think I'll pass this one off to a local plumber then.
    Thanks guys