1. Hi, welcome to the new look UKPlumbersForums.co.uk - Login with your usual login details, or sign up if you don't already have an account. If you post just once, all the advertisements get automatically removed. We have some competitions coming soon, and lots of new feaures. 

Dismiss Notice

Couple of important things to note. 1. We use Cookies, deal with it. Every website does. 2. Nobody but a currently-registered Gas Engineer should be touching gas or gas appliances. Don't mess with gas at all. 

Discuss double check valve requirements for incoming mains. in the Water Regulations area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

  1. Tomsafe

    Tomsafe GSR

    Hi all,
    current job to replace old lead incoming mains for 25mm poly pipe, from the meter in front garden to kitchen at back of house, 3 bed semi with a combi boiler,
    !question! do I need to include a double check valve on the incoming mains water valve arrangement.
    many thanks
  2. dancinplumba

    dancinplumba Trusted Plumber GSR

    your meter will act as a non return valve, but you will require a small expansion vessel (150ml) to take up thermal expansion
  3. chris watkins

    chris watkins Plumber

    No Tom you don't need one,
    With all due respect if you are going to start messing around with water / water mains you really do need to do the Water Reg's course, then you be able to self cert & know what is & isn't required.
  4. Tomsafe

    Tomsafe GSR

    Yes true, it's a one off job I don't normally touch domestic, but didn't want to install incorrectly, think I'll pass this one off to a local plumber then.
    Thanks guys