Search the forum,

Discuss Domestric RHI - The opportunity? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Worcester

Esteemed
Plumber
Picking up from my post in the Renewables Sector, the Domestic RHI is about to get a major restructruing (24th March 2016) that opens up an opportunity - free ASHP's

So what are people's thoughts?

Looking at the ASHP for free model, there's £9331 to be had over 7 years, discount cost of finance, take out profit, and ...
What can you do for what's left?
emitter upgrades? probably not
powerflush,
new controls (or better still them that come with the heat pump :) )
a high temp heat pump that just squeezes in at a CoP of 2.5..
Oh shoot, what about the DHW?
As these will be replacing combi's ? or ignore that bit? ...
or an direct electric vented DHW cylinder (salesman talk super efficient these new ones...)...
is there enough cash left to supply and plumb in an unvented heat pump dhw cylinder..

What do others reckon the scope that can be done and still make money at it .....

Wide berth for me, not interested in the numbers game. I'd rather carry on fitting gas than slapping in heat pumps which don't met their expectations.

Wide berth for me, not interested in the numbers game. I'd rather carry on fitting gas than slapping in heat pumps which don't met their expectations.

I agree, we wouldn't do that, there is however an opportunity to do something and do it right.

Whilst some companies will clean up and cause chaos - I can even see the Mark Group resurrecting again, they will also raise awareness and hence the discerning will come our way, though could well be cash strapped.

As I read the consultation, the RHI is capped as opposed to fixed. So only homes with a heat demand of 20,000kwh or above will be eligible for the full amount which is quite high for an average home.

More likely to be around the 15,000kwh mark.

If you start from the bottom and work your way up. How much will you want to earn from a job with a 7 year payment? £3k-£4K?

Doesn't leave much for everything else.

We need to be moving away from high temp heating across the entire industry and especially heat pumps!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Domestric RHI - The opportunity? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock